1HK Games

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
DX

Post by DX » Fri May 12, 2006 9:53 pm

When someone talks about 1HK, they don't automatically mean 1HK Elimination! There are tons of different variants of 1HK [which often are superior to 1HK elimination].

1HK Elimination: One kill and you are out. The most common, yet most boring form of the game.

1HK Lives: One hit kills you, but you have multiple or infinate lives to use. This variant is played for score and points. Much improved over elimination if you want fun and skill at the same time.

1HK Scenario-based: Winning Objectives scores points rather than kill count. The most strategic form of 1HK, but also the most difficult to win. It is best to put a time limit on each objective [such as the offensive side has 30 minutes to take a fort from the defense].

1HK Capture the Flag: Capture the Flag, but one hit eliminates you.

1HK CTF Lives: Same as 1HK Lives, but with a flag to seize.

1HK Every Man For Himself: Everyone is out to get you, or you are out to get everyone, depending on your gun and your attitude.

1HK Protect the VIP: One person is the VIP, one team has to defend him/her, while the other tries to take the VIP out. Can be played for points/score or elimination, but strategy doesn't change as much as it does for other games with two styles.

1HK Soakfest: There are some soakfests where teams fight 1HK style, but don't count hits as kills/ don't keep score. Hardcore soakfest wars fit this gametype.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 13, 2006 9:11 am

I understand all these game forms except for:
1HK Soakfest: There are some soakfests where teams fight 1HK style, but don't count hits as kills/ don't keep score. Hardcore soakfest wars fit this gametype.

I mean, without a score tally, I suppose the game is just to practice one's 1HK skills without needing to worry about gaining or losing a point. I guess I don't associate the word 'soakfest' with '1HK'. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 13, 2006 9:51 am

All of our old skirmishes were 1HK Soakfests. Basically just unscored 1HK where you can keep fighting right after being hit. That is what happens when hardcore 1HK teams attempt to have an organized soakfest. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 13, 2006 1:34 pm

'Organized soakfest' :oo:

There's another term that seems like an oxymoron to me. :goofy: The other 1HK game terms make sense to me, but not sure about 1HK Soakfest still. Once being hit doesn't count as a point or elimination or temporary pause in play, it just doesn't seem to amount to anything more than any other soakfest. While your teams may be practicing maneuvers and such, the actual game, itself, I don't believe deserves a separate name unless there is something more to it than what has been described.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 13, 2006 7:44 pm

1HK Soakfest is different than a normal soakfest, because one does not try to unload large amounts of water on the enemy. It is fought just like 1HK, with tap shooting and tactics, the only difference being no score and no kills.

At the end of our wars, we tend to have unorganized soakfests with the extra water, and those are the chaotic type of soakfests most think of.

There is a big difference in the way a normal soakfest and a 1HK-style soakfest are fought.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Perhaps the fighting-style is different, but how would one put 1HK-Soakfest into written rules such that those unfamiliar with the term would understand it? Thing is, without the points or elimination, sure individuals may strive to use tactics and all, but at the same time, tactics needed also depend on the gameplay. If being hit doesn't cost a point or eliminate, what incentive is there not to be hit that is any different than in a typical soakfest (i.e. not getting wet)? Or does the game rely on honor/pride of players not being hit?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat May 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Duxburian wrote:1HK Lives: One hit kills you, but you have multiple or infinate lives to use. This variant is played for score and points. Much improved over elimination if you want fun and skill at the same time..
We mix this with capture the flag. Good mix.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.