Troop Transports - No, seriously!

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:14 pm

I'll post more later, but the idea of having transportation for street wars on a large scale is not a bad idea. In the country, a lawn mower with a trailer could be utilized. In urban areas, a minivan could be used. They're neutral and safe, and all they do is transfer supplies & personnel.

It can come in very handy. I've been able to transport soakers, water, and more manpower in my '89 Maxima to next door(average property here is about 30 acres,) to other tobacco fields where the engagements took place. I would park on the side of the road, and my guys would run and do one of four things, depending on what they need.

1. Jump in the car to retreat,
2. Grab soakers from trunk
3. Fill up with water bottles in back of car,
4. Same as above, except new guys come out.

It took about the same time to drive there than to cross hilly terrain then run to the car, but my guys really appreciate it. Its a lot easier on them.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:38 pm

At first I was like... what??? But I think I better understand what you're saying now... You mean like using a car (or w/e) to take the battle to places much farther away from a source of running water than one would usually consider, right? In that case, that actually is a pretty good idea. I still don't quite agree with the idea of using cars to move troops during a battle, or as a means of escape. I would use it more as a way to open up battlefields in remote areas that one would not otherwise be able to use, for example, fill your guns, bottles, (ice chest?) at home or whereever (the running water supply), then load up and drive to a better place to hold the battle, such as a quiet area in a public park/forest. That would be pretty ace. Imagine going out in the middle of a nice big forest with all kinds of bushes, trees, and topography; all of which in way greater variety than you could ever have in your backyard. And if you get tired of that place? Just load back up and move somewhere else in the woods (as motor vehicle-accessible roads, dirt paths, etc. allow... don't go breaking any laws by driving where you ought not to.)
It's like an improvement on higher end portable water stations... no supercharging though, without running water from a hose... which means some guns couldn't even be used, but SC-only blasters are much less common than those that fill normally, or that can fill both ways. (...not my splashzooka...!!) I might just hold a park fight this summer...! :cool: :D
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:00 pm

Kind of, but like I said, it was a transport during the battle. I'll use a minivan in this example:

If four of your guys are being chased by a squad from the enemy, you call in backup.
I,stationed at a base, I will load up my minivan with a heavy-class CPS weapon, water refills, and maybe take a squad of five or six.
I will stop nearby where the skirmish is happening, then drop my guys off. They run into the skirmish, taking over the previous group, who runs back to the van. They fill up, and join back the fight.
Sometimes, you need to evacuate your guys in a retreat. I will just take the van right into the skirmish, sliding the doors open so your warriors can get in. I would have a guy inside to return fire, preferably two, one at the door, and one the passenger front as gunners.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:45 pm

i like the mini van idea and you could (if its in the country deep where no one is then say there's one of those top hatches there ae to some cars you could fire out the top! but nightfight s are harder (ps im havin a night fight today!!) theyre kool :cps2000: :cps2500:
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:20 am

Thanks! Finally someone is enjoying my ideas!!

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:58 pm

...we're only three months late...! lol
:D
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:01 pm

i love the idea of minivan transports! where i live theres an oval with a park, and there is a road that cars go up to which has the parking lot,you could have ppl at the car entryway and have the gate closed so only your forces are opened 4!!! :cps2000: :ss50: :cps2500: :cps3000: :crazy: :wacko:
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:03 pm

i just need 2 ask this 1 differant thing...how do u get the cetain writing above ur pic? ???

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:46 pm

Hmm... does anyone have an idea,for a transport,for a normal street? if ur 11 yrs old and cant get a car! :cps3000: :cooll:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:09 pm

I like using my personal, two wheeled, pedal powered transport unit. It's also called a bicycle, and they carry them in many different styles at more stores than I feel like typing the names of right now. Plus, there's no minimum age for the things.

Triforce, I dislike you greatly. Please use the edit button instead of double posting

Edited By cooldood31 on 1114909865

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon May 02, 2005 10:45 am

Uh, bikes can work. You can probably even attach a wagon at the back to carry stuff. I used to do that before I got my license.

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed May 04, 2005 11:02 am

I just got an idea. Try using and atv or a go-kart. Those would make quick reloads easy and fast, just strap on a few 2 liters and go. Or you could just bring out the big guns and do drivebys. ???

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:44 am

Now that's not a bad idea!! I'll probably use my lawn mower again this year, lol. I no longer have my Maxima, though. :(

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:41 am

Ah, i hoped someone would ask about this,

for those not able to acquire a minivan or motorized vehicle, how about a kind of APC, flintstone style. We're building one over here in Singapore for urban combat, complete with refilling, primary and secondary weapon systems, communications, first aid and some other things. Can be a tactical/mobile/field HQ or mechanized infantry.

Pros:
It has less likelihood to hit or squash or seriously injure anybody.
Its your own moving base and refill station, that way its easier to defend.
Doubles up as a bunker or tank.
Cheaper than most vehicles.
Pretty ambush proof.
Doesnt need fuel.

Cons:
Takes good coordination to drive.
For those disagreable with armoured warfare, i cant say much except that things are a lot different in cityfights.
Takes time to build.
Can be slow.

If its painted well, it looks cool, but if not, it looks weird. For those who want more mobility, make it open topped. For those who have time, by all means, add an engine and a floor. For ppl who are too rich, add a computerized target tracking device (a waterproofed laptop). Its quite customizable i guess.

Edited By mutuhaha on 1138779853
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 pm

Wow, muhaha, that sounds interesting!! Got any pictures??

I'll try to show my car that I had last year with my soaker gear.

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:39 am

Not just yet, we expect it to be out by the middle of the year after we've run through all the prototypes and system testing.

When we get a picture, I'll make sure to put the team in as well :).
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:30 am

I'm demonstrating the use of a vehicle in Assistance In Atlanta. Take a look, I might get my 2nd part up showing more today.

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:14 pm

If your opponent made a fort that is really high made of sticks could'nt you just run right through it with a car (considering you had a car) and make the enemy me overrelmed and surrender.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:29 pm

Possibly, but if they got stuck trying to get out, you could accidentally kill your friends...

And fortifications using sticks usually aren't placed out in open fields, they [should be] in strategic locations, often on steep hills in heavily wooded areas, where you wouldn't be able to use a car.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

freak

Post by freak » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Soaker Master wrote:If your opponent made a fort that is really high made of sticks could'nt you just run right through it with a car (considering you had a car) and make the enemy me overrelmed and surrender.
Uh, Interesting. But as Dux said, You could kill one of your friend's. I don't think it's worth the risk.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.