Armor Prototype - Composite I've been experimenting with.

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:14 pm

I've been experimenting with an armor for use in waterfights. Its makes getting each other a little more difficult, but not impossible.

My material is the paper padding from apple boxes. It a thin kraft-like paper filled with loose pieces of other types of paper and fibers, like a thin pillow.

This armor is designed not to protect completely from a blast of water, but rather divide the soakage done of you. I've done experiments last night shooting myself with a Storm 500.

But don't worry. Its weak, but the protection is valuable. One blast of a CPS 2100 may reduce its protection down to 50%, but its mostly protection against small arms fire.

:soakon2:
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:44 pm

Like a bulletproof vest the protection of which diminishes with each successive shot. Intriguing. Any materials which are equivalent but don't come from such a specialized source?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:11 pm

^ maybe some cheap trash bag?

For a soakertag game, putting clear duct-tape on your tag would make it impossible to affect, sort of like armor.:p
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Adrian wrote:Like a bulletproof vest the protection of which diminishes with each successive shot. Intriguing. Any materials which are equivalent but don't come from such a specialized source?

Adrian
You might try a paper bag filled with shredded newspaper and taped on one end.

:soakon:
ImageImage

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:12 pm

For a soakertag game, putting clear duct-tape on your tag would make it impossible to affect, sort of like armor.:p

Kind of pointless to play the game then really...

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Armor in a way defeats the purpose of water warfare: to go get wet! If it was armour for an encampment, walls, places that cannot get wet, etc then that's fine. However trash bags and ponchos trap in moisture as well as prevent it thus, chafing, and that is NOT fun.
_

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:56 am

My armor is not to resist water, just to reduce the soakage done to you. That's all. You can still wet me if I wore it, it would just take a couple shots more.

Speaking of which, Adrian, here's what I posted on SSCentral for alternative sources:

If you don't get the 'apple' pads, you can use paper bags from the grocery store filled with newspaper shreds and fibers. Just fold the bag flat like it came from the store, (follow the crease marks), and fill it with the shredded paper. Stuff it as much as you can, keeping the bag in the original 'pad' shape as possible. Then when you're ready, attach it to yourself as RacerSoaker445 said. They're reusable if given time to dry unless the waterlogged front tears open from strong blasts of water. Note that this armor can get saturated, but it helps.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 am

It would be good 2 have armour that could be gradually dissolved, a bit like a Soakertag
acericardo