Extra Gear - What to bring

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:04 am

In a 3 hour+ water war, what do you take with you that are not soakers? For example food, refill bottles, shield and rope. And do you keep them in a backpack or another way of holding them?

:blazer:

Commander Roo

Post by Commander Roo » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:38 am

I havent had that long of a war, but I would bring a towel (to keep dry, if youstay wet to long it will make you really cold), some extra water bottles, a few snack bars if you get hungary, and a backup watergun. I would put it in a waterproof backpack.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:47 am

Backup guns
Backup guns for your backup guns
Water bottles (20oz work best)
A folding knife
Minor first aid kit
Duct tape

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:09 pm

If you have a piston soaker such as a Stream Machine, bring a cooler and plastic container for filling water with that can double as a supply box before you fill it with water. If you have a pool, that's even better since simple piston soakers won't be affected by chlorinated water.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:20 pm

I'd take at least 20 litres of water, which would be stored in a variety of different sized bottles from 600mL to 3L. Around 30 already filled water bombs stored in an esky, along with about 100 that aren't filled. I would also take some food, drink and a portable water bomb filler, as well as a portable QFD if I had one.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:29 pm

How about clothing? In a casual water war, you usally wear regualr clothes or swimwear. However, in an extended water war, especially in a location such as a forest, what would you bring to wear? Many of the old-timers here like to wear camo or other military-style outdoor gear. I'd like to go to an army surplus store and get a green army jacket.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:35 pm

For water fights I prefer to wear cargo pants and a t-shirt (usually sleeveless). Cargo pants give me more options in terms of carrying things, and they protect my legs from mosquitos (which is a big thing where I live). And I always, ALWAYS, wear dark colors.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:21 pm

Definetly bring a blaster shield. They turn the tide in every water war I've used them in. It eliminates range as a variable.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:16 am

I always bring extra shirts, towels and some Gatorade or simply Water. Water Balloons always make for a fun post-battle activity too. We're all wet anyway, why not get a little wetter? :goofy:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:53 pm

Simply water? Not a water bottle, not a bucket, just plain water? So what you somehow make it hover above you until you use it.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:56 pm

I meant I'd bring drinks, like Coca-Cola Classic, Gatorade or Water.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:11 pm

Oh I get it.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:37 pm

Oh, okay. I'm glad that you had to make a post to acknowledge your understanding. :;):

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:08 pm

Oh, cmon Cloud you would do the same. After today's fiasco of posting to ge your count up.... :goofy:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:11 pm

I often wear a dark windbreaker in a water war but I usually end up taking it off because the sun's heat would make it very uncomfortable. The plus side was that a water balloon that struck me on the side didn't get me wet. Other than that, I just wear swimpants and sandals.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 pm

Praise the almighty one if I could have a war big enough like that last 3 hours. If it were to last that one, obviously bring along a portable base or set camp up in a base you built. You may want to bring some food, like Peanut butter crackers or something, but Id bring a huge store of ammo if were to far away from a hose. Bring backpacks for each soldier, and make sure they have the basics, and maybe some towels to dry off. Always bring a big stockpile of backup blasters, and containers (buckets anyone? :goofy: ) for water balloons being stored for over a couple of hours already made. With that let the games begin!
_

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:42 pm

What? How was I trying to get my post count up? 95% of my posts were over 10 words. I'm not as blatantly raising my count as you...

I always wear Camo if the battle involves more than five people. Otherwise, it just makes you look like an idiot.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:17 pm

a 3 hour war huh? If it was me, I would just bring a few things.

Extra drinks just in case I get thirsty.
A multi tool that is 100% waterproof. Some multi tools are only water resistance, like the Leatherman Wave.
That is about all... You really don't need alot of supplies to last three hours. Three hours is not three days.

For carrying stuff, I would just use a backpack that is water proof. I would leave all my "non water warfare" items, like food, in my base so it won't slow me down. Just hope your friends won't rob your food than you should be okay.

Edited By SilverFist on 1089689013

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:34 pm

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that most of our water wars aren't actually with hostiles like we try to pretend they are in our stories. I hope that your adversaries in Water Fights aren't really your enemies, because that means there's distrust and could lead to "accidents."

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:12 am

It depends where it was.???
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500: