T-Shirts, Anyone?

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

T-Shirts, Anyone?

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 pm

preview.jpg
preview.jpg (61.22 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
Obviously just a preview of what I'm thinking to do, but there's plenty of possibilities. I'm trying various websites, but some have t-shirt designers that aren't working properly.

Here are the combinations of color:

- Blue shirt, white print: As pictured.
- White shirt, blue print: May cost less and/or require fewer quantities to order for a good price.

And combinations of logo:
- WWn Droplet in Front, WWn Text in Back: As pictured.
- WWn Droplet in Back, WWn Text in Front: Like wearing it backwards.
- WWn Text and Droplet in Front: The droplet would be centered and positioned under the text. Not sure if this saves any money.

For everyone: I need your input on design preferences. I can build more previews, but the colors, etc. won't be that accurate. With selecting a blue shirt, it's definitely something to consider, as different websites may not carry the same blue. However, the darker color makes laundry easier, and blends in slightly better in white, should you have to wear this in a water war, particularly useful during nighttime wars where security is a concern. That said, this is a tee specifically for showing your League colors, not so much for combat nor hit marks. I think at this point, trying to make a grid just looks too tacky anyways, aside from all the other problems we've had from such an attempt in the past.

iSoaker: I've requested the vectorized version of the logo several times. I think you may have sent a higher resolution version of the logo before, but I can't find it anymore. That said, as far as I'm aware, anything less than vector format wouldn't be acceptable for a T-shirt in most cases.

Anyway, I need some input from everyone. Let's get this done and wear our colors proudly.

I'll get more info on costs/prices as I progress with this. I'd like to have these ready by Pandemonium if possible. In the meantime, know that delivery via community wars is free! =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: T-Shirts, Anyone?

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:13 pm

What a coincidence. I was literally just thinking of this a day or two ago. If you get these made I'll totally buy one. I definitely wouldn't wear it in combat (like you said, it's for reppin'), so I don't care if it's white; I think it'd look best in white with blue text. Also, is it possible to have a sleeveless one made?

My preference would be white, no sleeves, waterwar.net text and logo on the front, and if possible, username on the back, sports jersey-style, maybe with a number (not sure how to determine numbers though; maybe people can just pick whatever they want). That might be more expensive, but it'd be cool. Otherwise, what you have now is pretty good, though maybe we could come up with some kind of slogan to add. I'd also make the text bigger, so it takes up the entire width of the shirt. For the droplet logo, I'd either go with small and to one side, or large and centered.

Sorry if my thoughts seem all over the place; didn't have much time to write this.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Both the jersey and sleeveless will depend on demand and on how they handle volume pricing. You may be the only one.

I don't quite like the idea of a slogan unless we had an official one. Simplicity is nice sometimes, and this delivers.

The width of the text will depend on what's allowed by whoever makes the tee, along with the fact that I don't want the text to start wrapping around the person's torso/sleeves. I'd like to keep it as a regular old T-shirt. The depicted text size is about as large as practical; you want people to be able to read the whole thing at a glance.

I went with the mid-large droplet logo, front and center in order to keep it prominent.

Anyway, that's one vote for white shirt, dark logo. Others?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:00 pm

If you're selling T-Shirts, they should change color when they get wet or have small circles/targets on them or something.
\practical

They're still really cool though. I would wear one.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Key point being "selling", not "acquiring materials and creating textiles via slave labor". I took the first 5 sites I found on a Google search for "custom tee" and ran through 3 of them to see what they did. The first one wouldn't let the logo show up, so I just disregarded them. (Some idiot developer didn't grasp the concept of a transparent .png, I guess.)

The markings discussion has been had for a while, and at this point, all I want is a T-shirt. No gimmicks. We'd also need long sleeves and short sleeves (I will NOT wear short sleeves through some of our battle locations), and that requires standardizing too. We'd have to make sure part of the T-shirt isn't stainable from water in order to be fair. It wouldn't be much improvement over our current hit system.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 pm

I thought these wouldn't be intended for combat (or at least, not serious combat)? We have BDUs for that. These were just supposed to be for showing your WWn pride wherever you go, right?

I do think the current design is a tad plain (too much empty space). Okay, maybe we don't need slogans or numbers, but I would at least enlarge the droplet logo on the front. Ultimately though, I'll buy one no matter what it looks like. (Assuming the price is reasonable of course!)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

I intend to use it as I would for any tee: Showing the logo and for Nerf + casual WW wear (i.e. Night wars.)

What did you have in mind for something less plain? I'm nit sure I can get names/numbers done at a comparable price to just making them all the same. I also don't want to make anything, including the droplet logo too large. There's no need to make everything giant here, and I've never seen any other T-shirts show logos at anywhere near the sizes you're suggesting.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:58 am

I agree that it should be a white tee,

however the droplet should have in smaller text underneath "waterwar.net" and the back of the shirt would have have text only that reads.

Waterwar.net
The battle has just begun!
Leave no one dry!
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:44 pm

There is a company in North Carolina that makes t shirts that change colors when they get wet, if there is any interest in pursuing that. I do like the current t shirt as proposed, but I think we should look into other possibilities and designs before deciding.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 am

^The problem with that is that the shirts would start changing color when you get sweaty or if it's raining (or if you get wet some other way). If that weren't the case I'd definitely go with that; I'd make the shirts camo to start with, and change color to bright orange or something when you get hit, so that getting hit will mean that you can't hide as well. It's like a little extra penalty. Don't know if that's even possible, but it's a cool concept.

Don't have much to say about the current design. Most of my preferences seem to be impractical, so I don't really care what we end up doing.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:55 pm

I wouldn't recommend using the water changing shirts for all our rounds, ala jerseys or uniforms, but they would be cool to switch into before having a soakfest. Actually, in that circumstance it might be pretty awesome if we could make soakfest jerseys....oooo :flashflood:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Area51

area51

Post by Area51 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:02 pm

guys are your shirts made to strike fear in the hearts of your enemies, if so they crack me up lol
-=super midget=-