The War Room - A WaterWarfareNetwork YouTube Web Series

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

The War Room - A WaterWarfareNetwork YouTube Web Series

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:49 pm

By now, you guys know me for coming up with notoriously ambitious ideas that take endless work to achieve, and typically have very little follow-up.

Well, I'm here to announce the next one. A weekly web series on our channel.

On each episode, we examine a water war in retrospect. We clump all the footage together, add a nice flashy intro, and some commentary (typically a community war member holding a CPS at alert carry). We can examine just one game, or an entire community war. We can also have blaster reviews this way as well, so long as we follow a consistent format, or we can use it to spread community news.

Each season may need to be run differently. We have a lot of backlog of wars and footage to catch up with, and need a lot of time and dedication to pull this off. However, it would be more interesting than mere montages, and could potentially be of interest to outsiders. (Not saying that we can't make some episodes montages either, or a "Highlights of 2013" episode.)

Thoughts?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Re: The War Room - A WaterWarfareNetwork YouTube Web Series

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:17 am

If this idea can be developed, it sounds awesome, but videos are just that much harder to do well than any written, drawn, or photographed content.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm

They are also what's going to attract the most attention, so I'd like to actually jump in quickly with this one.

I need to plan out the introduction and layout of each episode. I don't want to be too dependent on community support, but if this is just by myself, I won't get much done if the past is any indication. In the meantime, I want to put together a short highlight reel of Frozen Fury 2013.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I like the Idea, advice. Only try to upload at a steady but slow pace so we don't run out of ideas and end up making ourselves look bad.

For the starting sequence I would base it off of the one used on "The Slingshot Channel" (link here http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 am

I've always wanted to do something like this, but as of now I do not have the ability to get anything going. If some of you could pull it off, that'd be great, but good luck with that.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.