WWN League Trading Cards

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

WWN League Trading Cards

Post by marauder » Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

I finished these around New Years but never got around to posting them. If given the time I can make more for anyone who wants one. Some of these need to be touched up, like the back of my head, and Rob may need a new one (his was the first I did), but overall I'm really happy.

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Re: WWN League Trading Cards

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 18, 2013 11:37 am

Well if I had one made it would have my signature Gorgon in it.

You should have peoples primary's of choice listed on the back along with, league rank, team affiliation and position, maybe even favorite game-type, and some stats.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat May 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Thats awesome. I agree with OS about the stats and what not on the back.
"The world is yours" - Nas

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat May 18, 2013 3:22 pm

These aren't bad. I mean, take some random pictures, add some effects and throw their name on the picture somewhere and bam. There you go.
They are pretty cool; but it's time for some constructive criticism!
You have the artistic liberty to do whatever you like, but trading cards are generally more consistant. I would consider having a frame and keeping the names one size, and in one possibly two locations. You can put some basic info on the frame as well (team logo/affiliation, year). It would help if you could actually have people pose for these cards too. Lastly, most trading cards are portrait, not landscape.
I can't wait to see more of these!
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Make me.

Also, maybe this could be turned into a trading card game. There could be character cards, and different blaster cards that you attach to them and stuff.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 18, 2013 6:32 pm

These are awesome! Great job! I'd buy a set!

:cool:

Edit: "Gotta soak 'em all" ? :goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 pm

martianshark wrote: Also, maybe this could be turned into a trading card game. There could be character cards, and different blaster cards that you attach to them and stuff.
I just lol'd at that idea. Awesome. If anyone wants to get serious about it, I'm on board.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Problem is, it would cost a lot to custom print enough cards to make a TCG worthwhile. Although, there's definitely enough elements to wars to make one work:

Player cards - Players are fielded against each other, either one at a time or in teams. Players can be armed with soakers, water balloons, water, etc. They have HP/health/dryness or whatevs. When soaked to 0, they are defeated. Varying levels of stats like strength, speed, agility, etc.
Soaker cards - Soakers dish out the soakage when attached to a player. Each nozzle has its own minimum water requirements in order to use it. You might need to pump by waiting several turns. Wait less to tap shoot and do less soakage. Wait longer to do a lot of soakage in one shot. Maybe have accuracy/dodging elements where you flip a coin or roll dice to see if you land the hits. Primary soaker bonus if you match a player with the gun they use most often.
Water cards - Like energy/mana. The more you have, the more you can shoot.
Battlefield cards - Give bonuses or penalties to certain stats, depending on where and what.
and the such.

Ben - I have a screenshot from the roof in the defense round at MoaB that might be better than my current card pic.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 am

These are open source. Anyone who wants to edit these, design new ones, or design some for 2013 go right ahead. @Martianshark, send me a picture and I'll get around to it. @DX, I could change it, but wouldn't it be weird having a picture from this year on last year's card?

Isoaker, I hope you don't mind me using some of your pictures, I found them in the avatar gallery.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 am

This is awesome. A trading card game would be really funny, but I was thinking this was more like baseball cards. Either way, we should totally get a set printed.

I'm also excited for the release of MC Scott's new album. Heard it's pretty dope.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.