Official League Teams

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Official League Teams

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 am

Hey, I'm just wondering, can DX see our team forum? I would think that since he's an admin that he could just give himself access to it. Is there a way to prevent this? I don't want ya'll to spy on our plans...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 pm

If you were on last night, you would have seen the text in the forum description where I said it was still being tested to make sure that I cannot see it. Once all the possible loopholes were accounted for, I removed that text. As of now, neither I nor even iSoaker can see your team forum, nor its topics/posts in search results, nor can we find its topics/posts from the Mod CP. The only thing we can see is the topic/post count, name, and description. If I try to cheat and add access for myself, it will show up blatantly in the admin log.

If you want to make it even more secure, you can password the forum. Passwords are encrypted when set, so even if I try to add myself to your forum, there is still no way for me to find the password. I think it does require an admin to set one, so you may have to trust iSoaker if you want one.

Also what did you decide on for the name?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Oh, I see. I was fighting last night so I didn't log on here. A password would be nice, but I probably won't bother iSoaker with it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

@M4: I think there was a nearby local robotics team that went by the name of Thunder Chickens, lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 pm

We have decided to stick with Catskill Mountain SEALs, because our members might not always be all from the east coast. Plus, if you look at pro sports teams, they always have the city which they're based in their name (think New York Yankees, Giants, etc.), even though a lot of their players aren't even from the area (nor even the same country.).

Also, I can't seem to create sticky threads in my team's forum. I can do other moderator stuff like edit and delete posts, but for some reason I can only post normal topics. What's wrong?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Try to sticky a topic now. You'll have to tell me if it worked or not, since I can't see.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

It works now. Thanks.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 pm

blablablabla SEAL is going to lose.

Steak dinner to anyone who drenches Poseidon at close range, and if I take him out myself then I'm buying for my entire team.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:46 pm

hugadauguda-WHAT?!?

That's not going to happen, Unh huh!

Just....no. :p :(

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Hey, are your parents cool with you joining us out at long beach (the theater and pavillion)? It's a 2 mile walk out to the battle ground. There's some good restaurants in town if they want to hang out there, or DX said they can hang out at his house, or at the park.

Then we have the walk back, the drive to the park near DX's house, and the 3 hour war there. It's rather physically demanding. Not trying to taunt you here, just a friendly warning.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Everythin's fine, except for the theater, naturally. I mean, everything. They're a little skeptical because they don't know you guys, but I keep them updated and my buys are processed(aka bought with their accounts, but my money)through them.

I just have 2 questions: Is every round with these teams? I want to fight with and against everybody.

Is that steak dinner thing going on through the whole war, but just in the rivalry? It seems a little one-sided.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 pm

We are keeping teams. We only have 1 day! Our battles can go on for quite some time. We will switch teams up on Friday and Sunday of Downpour. If the fighting continues on Sunday this fall, then maybe y'all could switch teams up. I won't be there. If your parents would like, they can talk to me on the phone a week or 2 before the battle. When I was your age my dad drove my brother and I up to VA for a battle similar to this and I know he talked with my friend's parents first.

My bounty on you applies to my team only. If you and SEAL or Scott want to put bounties on us... go right ahead haha.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Hmm... For my first war, this bounty seems weird. Did everyone get one? :P

We'll see. I know I might be on the opposite team, but please go slightly easy! Any recommendations for primaries?

DX

Post by DX » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Any recommendations for primaries?
One of these should serve you well

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

In terms of equipment I was thinking more along the lines of...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm

If at least 5 people decide to stay for Sunday (6 including me), we will fight and switch up the teams. Sunday would be more like past wars, where there are lots of shorter rounds. I will also attempt to shape the rules so that they become action-packed - like the brief, but incredibly intense battles in Thunder Gulch in 2011 Downpour and the last round of 2012 Downpour. If a player is down in the stats, Sunday would be a chance at redemption and thus an incentive to stay over :)

Feel free to put a bounty on me, although the last time a team went all out to get me, it cost them the round and we smoked them 19-6. They did hit me, but was it worth it?

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Now, now, That's another Poseidon. And DX, I'm a human. Everyone knows the electrostorm is just wayy too big. A microburst is the 100percent perfect for anyone. :goofy:

I really do not like the 'rivalry', lets call it, but it if it makes you feel better about how bad you're going to lose, Then fine. :cool:

Anywayy, I might stay till Sunday, depending on my score, and my dad's idea of it. If he is up for it I'll stay.

And DX, did you really put that pic of 'poseidon' on your site? It's cool :P

BTW, I don't take insults dramatically.

I just ask to be just a little bit friendly. I think extreme rivalry can end up in chaos.

:sucker:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 am

Kids these days are so well mannered. That's very good, but at the same time, I think y'all are lackin in some good ole fashion competetive American spirit.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 am

Um, I am not lackin' that spirit, i assure you, but at the same time I don't wanna abuse it. Rivalry's healthy, but too much can kill ya. :goofy:
I'm being overprotective of this huh? Well, i sorry. Just dont want people to be too cocky. :mrgreen:

Anyway, is Neptune being involved in this? :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:52 am

The new rivalry is everyone against Neptune.