Membership Challenges, 2012 - brainstorming

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Membership Challenges, 2012 - brainstorming

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 am

We need to do research on how the quantity and time length of ads would correspond to revenue generated. That should help us make a good decision. It would mean a lot to some of these guys to have some of the more rare/top line guns.

After being overseas for at least a month it's clear by now that I'm going to have internet access most of the time, so I'm putting together some legion points based system as a proposal (because I have the time to moderate) mostly based on the isoaker system. Then everyone can say whether they like it or not, and propose amendments.

That way we can further involvement and reward contributions.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm liking the ads idea quite a bit. Not sure how much revenue they could get over time though, and that's a potential concern if we want to have several prizes every year and would need over $100 to maintain that. (For example, high end CPS as top prize, low-end CPS or BBT primary as second, sidearm as third.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Soakermedia generated about $82 just off the Douchenator article. The best person to ask is SSC Ben, since he ran Adsense for a while on the SSC forums. Depending on how much money is raised, we may have to set a per gun budget, like a bid ceiling. The obvious advantage to using community funds is that we can afford to go higher than usual to snag good guns, instead of having to wait for the random deal to pop up.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I would gladly donate at the com war, if I manage to make it. I think I may be making progress on the 'rents. :)
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple