WWN League Patch/Logo

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

WWN League Patch/Logo

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 am

I'm creating this thread for the discussion of the WWN League Patch/Logo. Please present all ideas here. I would like the patch and the logo to have common themes, but that's up to you guys.

Here are some of my favorite logos. They don't really have to do with water warfare, but may give us some ideas on graphics, text. etc.

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Re: WWN League Patch/Logo

Post by atvan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm

The one with the dual recons would be a good template. Maybe a 2k outline crossed with a APH outline, and the WWn symbol in the middle. The background might be hard though, especially for a real patch.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Maybe something like this?

Of course, changes could easily be made; that's just a rough idea.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Stange, that looks more like a 2500 than an APH. Weird. The skull doesn't really fit either. A basic rendering of Thunder Gulch with A bolt of ligtening down the middle would be interesting…

There should be some indication of location other than the park name, even if just NY.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:11 pm

I like crossed 2500/2000s. APHs wouldn't look as good because they aren't slender like that unless they are water cannons or piston pumpers. Then, they are a bit too long. What we really need are some generic water warfare logos. We do have good slogans, which would be a place to start building from - Leave No One Dry, The Battle Has Begun, Soak or Be Soaked, Hardcore Water Warfare, etc. Even then, they might still be too site-specific, I dunno.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:42 pm

atvan: Uh, that's because it was never meant to be an APH. :P

I do like the Thunder Gulch idea; maybe I'll try to come up with something.

DX: I liked the old slogan you had in your signature "Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!", but I guess that's more of a team slogan.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 pm

No sense of humor at all? That is sad. I'd like to see what you come up with for the thunder gultch idea.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:59 pm

We need something insane like this:
http://imageshack.us/f/703/hbww2011officialcomp.png/

Lol, jk. But if we do used crossed arms, perhaps the 2500 should be replaced with a CPH, which just has to be in the correct form factor to work effectively.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Some good logo ideas above and SEAL's first design looks like a promising start.

I recommend sticking with simpler colors (avoid photo-realistic images, too many gradients, etc.) More stylized images also make it easier to create real patches, icons, etc.

As for a slogan, the League needs its own. There be some good ideas from which to think about, but this League needs something to call its own.

That said, I'm avoiding creating any initial designs to avoid "iSoaker-fying" things. :goofy: I'll happily help refine a more developed designs for use, though, improving clarity, creating vector versions of objects, etc.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I made something for Thunder Gultch.

Bear in mind that this is a very, very rough idea for the patch. If this was made, I'd like to see it in a similar style to the paintball patches that M4 posted.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:26 pm

@SEAL: I really like this design for "Thunder Gulch". Would it make sense to add in some sort of water gun to the image (lower the text to give space). I'd also recommend increasing the font size so the image can be scaled down if needed, but still be readable. All-in-all, though, I think that design is a great start for that patch.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

The only problem with having a soaker at the top is that it looks like the soaker is shooting lightning. Not good IMO. Maybe a a stick figure guy on each ledge, iSoak'd style.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I made two more.

Here's a rough idea for the league logo. With some of iSoaker's fancy water effects, I think this idea would look cool. I wanted to have a picture in the background instead of all black, but I couldn't find a suitable one. I may update it when I do. Sorry for the bad drawing of the WWN logo. I had to use my own text as well.

And here's an upgrade for the community war logo. Alternatively, you could use the crossed 2000 & 2500. I thought about drawing people on the cliffs, but decided against it for some reason that I forgot.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 pm

I love that- the crossed blaster would look real nice.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:44 pm

It's time to get fancy...

I had to rush it a little, so I didn't do the greatest job cutting out the blasters. All that's missing is iSoaker's water effects.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I meant the other one. BTW, that looks like the symbol for the Vatican, WW style.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I know. I just wanted to redo this one because I think it needed it the most. I couldn't think of much else that I could do for the other one, so I didn't bother redoing it. The next step for that one is to get a better rendering of Thunder Gulch.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 am

I like the Thunder Gulch design; coming along well. My 2 cents on that would be to increase the font size (yes, I still think the font is too small; larger fonts would allow the graphic to be shrunk while leaving the text legible). Might even consider pushing the text outside of the graphic area, leaving only the year inside the circle.

With permission, when you are done with the overall design, I'd like to create a fully vector version (from what I can tell, you're using a bitmap program to design, but correct me if I'm wrong).

As for the WWn League Patch, general layout works, but I'd recommend against the black/blue background. Those just won't show up well in real versions, and definitely forget about the idea of adding in funky water effects. Doing so would make it impossible to reproduce in any sort of real patch. A preferred League logo/patch design needs to be cleaner/simpler if we want to really be able to use it on patches, T-shirts, etc. Think of all professional sports logos, etc. While some get a little more complicated, they tend to use patches of solid colors to make a design and avoid gradients, having thicker lines to highlight details, etc.

BTW, if you'd like higher-res versions of the proper WaterWar.net logo, let me know and I can send files your way in any format you prefer.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Sure, you have my permission to create a better version of the Thunder Gulch patch. I'll get to work on an upgraded idea soon. I use MS Paint for the drawing, and Adobe Photoshop for sticking in blasters.

Oh, and the WWN League logo wasn't really supposed to be a patch; that was more of a logo that you'd use online. I can try to make a patch idea as well, but I'll have to think for a little bit. You don't have to send me the WWN logo; it's easy enough to draw one just to get the general idea.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 pm

For the WWn League Logo, I'd still lean towards something that can be used both online as well as in print. While perhaps overkill right now, doesn't hurt to plan big for when we need to make jerseys, have a line of official-branded water weaponry, have our of line of sports drinks, negotiate celebrity endorsements, etc. Then there's the movie deals... :goofy:

Anyhoooo, for the Thundergulch patch, I'll vectorize it once you've completed the base design so it'll scale more nicely.