WWN League Patch/Logo

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: WWN League Patch/Logo

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 pm

You know, I'd like to decide on a name for the community war before I finish the patch design. That way I can include it on the patch.

I've started work on it, and it's coming along pretty well. Does anyone want to see stick figures on each side? I can add them, but I personally don't think they'd look to good; it may be better if we had more realistic drawings of people instead of stick figures, but I think someone else would have to do that, as I'm not a particularly good artist.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 pm

I'd advice against stick figures for a logo/patch. It's one thing for comics, but not so good for League-things - we ain't no stick figure! :goofy:

I'd also say that the community water war name, while would be nice to have, is not necessarily the same or synonymous with the WWn Water Warfare League. Of course, it is also up to the community war organizers to determine whether they want the event to become a representative League event, but that's not my call.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

isoaker wrote:I'd advice against stick figures for a logo/patch. It's one thing for comics, but not so good for League-things - we ain't no stick figure! :goofy:
speak for yourself.

I'd like to see the lightning and gultch worked on for that patch.

Fir the WWn one, perhaps a design that fits to the logo shape. I personally really like the WWn logo, and would like to see it featured in the design.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 pm

It's all but done now; I just would still like to have a name on it, unless you're okay with putting "2011 Community War" on it.
isoaker wrote:I'd also say that the community water war name, while would be nice to have, is not necessarily the same or synonymous with the WWn Water Warfare League. Of course, it is also up to the community war organizers to determine whether they want the event to become a representative League event, but that's not my call.
I was thinking of just giving out the patch/logo to everybody who participated in the war, so wouldn't it seem fitting to have the name on it?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Having a name for the community water war would be good, but again, the community water war does not necessarily need to be a WWn Water Warfare League official event. There is good reason that it could/should be, but it is not a 100% necessity.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, I'd like to have it say something like: "I survived [Insert name here.] 2011", that way we could give it out to all the participants as an award. What would I put on it if it wasn't an offical event? Just simply "Thunder Gulch" and nothing else?

Once we resolve this issue, I'll give the design to iSoaker.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Until the community war name poll (Vote if you haven't already!) is over and a name is decided, I won't do anything further with the Thunder Gulch patch. But I did come up with something for the WWN League.

Here.
I think this would look great if the 1500s (Other blasters can be used of course.) were rendered in the same way as the dual Nerf Recons in the "Nerf Wars" logo, but in blue instead of black. The WWN logo (Which could be a bit bigger too.) and text would have to be replaced with the real thing too.

What do you think?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 pm

@SEAL: Not bad. When it comes to logo design, it is easy to describe what one wants, but it's a whole other story of actually creating it and getting it to look right.

That said, can't say I'm totally sold on the crossed-soakers-sort-of-look. Definitely a popular style and gets the point across, but somehow no longer appeals as much to me.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Not working for me either.

I don't like the font much either. I agree with iSoaker that we need something more unique for such a unique activity.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 am

Well, I'll see what I can do. In fact, I have a great idea now; I'm not sure I can make it work though. Seriously though, what am I? The offcial League Logo Creator? We could use some ideas from others as well.

atvan: The font was just meant to be a placeholder, since I don't have the WWN font.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Have had school. I'm out now, time for WW.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:23 pm

It would be cool to see our logo used in CA99's game. I will be drawing some ideas. Post them when I can.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

Now that we have decided upon a name for the community war, I now present to you the final version of the "Thunder Gulch" patch.

Like it? I think it would be better if the text on the top and bottom wrapped around the circle, but Paint won't let me do that. Maybe iSoaker could modify it when he vectorizes it.

NOTE: This is meant to be given to everybody who attended last year's war. It's NOT the official WWN league logo. I'm still not sure about that one.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 pm

@SEAL: do you have a copy of your latest Thunder Gulch patch, but without the water blasters in the middle? I'd like to see how well it turns out when vectorized, but those blaster images will overly complicate things.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Looks great! The one thing I could say is to extend the lightning bolt to the edge of the circle at the top.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:33 am

I really like the idea you are going for. Maybe we can do that patch, but with the 2500/2000 crossed BEHIND the circle. We'd have to expand the size of the overall patch, but it might better.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 am

iSoaker: I thought you were the one who originally wanted me to put blasters on it. I tried removing the blasters, but I think it made it look kind of plain and boring. Don't have time to post it now though.

Anyone else want to try making variations?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm

He meant temporarily to make it easier to vectorize.
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 pm

This was done quick-and-dirty, but gets the idea of how things turn out when vectorized (but exported back into a JPG).
Thunder Gulch Vector
Thunder Gulch Vector
thunderGulch_temp.jpg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 6103 times
The nice thing is that this graphic is fully scalable to be as large as desired without losing resolution.

The blasters were removed for now, but can be placed back either in a similar position or experimented with in alternate positions. I also am not sure what font was used for any of the text so I selected one, but it's not necessarily the optimal one. Thankfully, the outer text can be easily edited. For the "Thunder Gulch" text to be made editable, I'd need to verify what font was used for those words.

SEAL, could you provide a version of this patch without words or blasters, just the drawing?

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:17 pm

I like it so far, I will have to go to the surplus store some time to get a camo jacket now, I'd rather not sow that onto my tie-die one. Be really cool if every major event had a patch each year, would give older members something to show off to the newer ones.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"