Max D HydrocaLambabambababoo

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
mr. dude

Max D HydrocaLambabambababoo

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Four years ago, I picked up a broken Hydrocannon of the side of the road. I outlined what I did with it here, (in case you're wondering, no, I haven't touched it since my last update there; I's a busy busy boi).

However, the side project I talked about, I've been inspired to work on again. The idea was to build something compact that can handle a ~10x, so I took the Hydrocannon's CPS bladder, shoved it onto the remains of a Max D 6000, and wedged that all into a bit of ABS piping. The PC is inside the reservoir, which is meant to save a bit of space.

For the moment, I've got the wrong size of tubing to fit on the reservoir. I suspect a bit of trouble with the check valves, though I do recall testing the bottom half of it and it working fine, so we'll see.

Looking at it now, I realize that I didn't give the bladder much room to expand (what I consider the big problem with the original HC design), so I'm considering redistributing the PC connection. My next chance to work on it will be Sunday night, we'll see what happens.

TheSoaker

Re: Max D HydrocaLambabambababoo

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Why is it called the Max D HydrocaLambabambababoo?
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:41 am

Because it's made of parts derived from a Max D 6k, a Hydrocannon, and apparently a Lambabambababoo

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Lambababam-whatever reminds me of mainstream 'swag' rappers that babble nonsense instead of actually bothering to rhyme words together. Hopsin made fun of this in a song called "No Words". It's absolutely hilarious.

Anyway......this looks like a very intriguing project. What are you planning to use for a trigger?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm currently looking at treating the Max D valve like any hardware store's ball valve and not really bothering with a trigger, I'll cook something up if it gets really inconvenient. The nozzle does have plenty of spare plastic attached to it, I could set up a little return spring there and find a place to put a real trigger if the need arises.