Opening a CPS 1200

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Redd

Opening a CPS 1200

Post by Redd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Trying to open a CPS 1200 (k-mod), and I am confident both the nozzle cap and pump cap are glued. So, I'm having issues. Advice? :goofy:

While I already have the 1200 open, are there any mods I should perform other than the planned light k-mod (30 balloons? I want as much power as possible with minimal potential for breaking) and pump reinforcement?

Thanks. :)

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Opening a CPS 1200

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:23 am

get a saw and cut them off very carefully, it's about the only way to do it.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Don't saw them, pry them apart with a pair of flathead screwdrivers. One should be small, it's the one you poke with, the other large, it's the one you use to hold a gap open and provide leverage. For the nozzle cover, I've found that the glue is strongest at the top and bottom, weaker along the sides. Don't expect the cover to come off in one piece, but once you get the top and bottom chiseled out, the rest should come off together. For the pump cap, just keep prying with the 2 screwdriver setup until the glue seal is broken. If it really won't come, then resort to a saw/dremel. Saw down the middle where the shell halves meet and make sure you cut it like it's suicide (downtown, not crosstown).

If they are glued, it's likely an mk2 1200, and it won't take many balloons. You would honestly get more of a power up with an mk1/3 1200 or a 1000. You will need to drill and sand the nozzle just to get the same performance as the other 1200 version.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:08 pm

^ Never had any HPL problems with any 1200. It's the 2100 MK II that won't take more than 5 balloons or so.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat