XP 250 nozzle mod help

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

XP 250 nozzle mod help

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Short story I have a 10x steel spacer for use as a nozzle to replace the useless fan, what glue should I use to hold it on to the selector?

Second question, I also have a 5x one as well that I am considering replacing the 1x with, can everyone offer an opinion.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Nemesis

Re: XP 250 nozzle mod help

Post by Nemesis » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:21 pm

I'd probably just use water weld. Perhaps regular JB weld would also work.
"The world is yours" - Nas

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 am

It is interesting that you chose steel. I would have used a plastic spacer since it's cheaper and I assume it would bond with the nozzle selector easier. But maybe plastic would have more turbulence?

Honestly, I wouldn't replace the 1x nozzle, which I measured as 1.5x, and especially with a 5x. You won't see much of a difference between 5x and the stock 4x. The 1.5x nozzle will come in handy every once in a while when you run low on water, especially if you end up coming to a long all day war. Well, maybe it might be ok; but I think ideally you'd just add an 8.5x nozzle or something around that rather than a 10x and a 5x nozzle. Ideally for me I'd use 1.5x, 4x, 8.5x, and shower.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 am

I'm so jealous that you have a 250. It looks so awesome. The stock nozzle selection looks pretty good actually. I would just get rid of the fan. Can the 275 support 10x?

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm

I've got it on the 250 now, but it still needs work, while it works (no range testing yet), I can't use the 1.5x setting without the selector indexing getting stuck inside the 10x nozzle setting. I'm still working on it.

edit after a weird modification to the spring it now indexes properly without getting stuck inside.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:10 pm

Coshise, if what I see in the XP 250 hold true with the XXP 275 then it should be able to either support dual 5x or single 10x with the fan turned into an off setting on the other-side.

Why not duel 10x you may ask? Well the ball valve is just 1/4" diameter which is exactly the size as a 10x nozzle.

I am currently a bit disappointed with the lamination I'm getting with my 250's 10x setting so I am thinking about adding a nozzle laminator to help with range.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:46 am

I just did some output testing on my largest streams, it's pushing roughly 10oz in the first second on 10x and 4oz on stock largest.

Using some calculations that assume pressure to be the same over that second of shot time and using both 10x and 4x settings for this calculation and averaging I've some up with what I feel is realistic estimate of about 6.2oz per second out of an 11/64's (same size as CPS 5x) nozzle

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:35 pm

That sounds great. What kind of range are ou getting from those nozzles? Are you planning on adding a 5x nozzle?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm still trying to decide about adding the 5x setting in place of saturator if I do I would have to decide between 3/16 (7.3oz estimated) and a 11/64 (6.2 estimated), and the 250s 10x looks to be shooting about as far and as well as a Gorgon 10x.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Can you take a pic of the 10x nozzle? that sounds awesome.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Good new everyone, the XP 250 "Aeglos" is complete! While some (Marauder) may have told me not to I added the 5x setting to it a few weeks ago in the place of the shower setting. Sadly I wasn't able to test it properly until just now because I had lost some selector parts. While I'm not giving any statistics yet because I need to measure it properly it comfortably broke 40' on 5X and seemed to come out with the forceful stream and lower lamination I would expect from a CPS more so than the slow smooth stream of Marauder's Gorgon 5x.

That plus the massive pump volume can only mean one thing...
:sucker: AP power suckers!!!

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:59 pm

That's really great. How far does the 10x nozzle shoot? I would like to duel you when I go back to Mississippi to close out my apartment. You could use this and I could use...well not sure yet lol. Maybe an MXL. That would be interesting. Modded 250 vs MXL.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:13 pm

I think the 10X setting shoots slightly farther than on my Gorgon under the same conditions 40' would be my best guess for it's 10x if I averaged it out max power shots instead of tap shots.