Max D Reinforcement

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Max D Reinforcement

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Hey everyone, I want to reinforce the Max D firing system on this Aquapack Devastator. Does anyone have any ideas how I can reinforce this or convert it so that it won't break? I originally thought the spring was broken, like on my other Devastator, but the trigger was just stuck. Here's some pictures.
AquapackDevastator5.jpg
AquapackDevastator5.jpg (153.41 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
AquapackDevastator6.jpg
AquapackDevastator6.jpg (151.31 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
Sorry for the crappy quality, all I have is my phone camera, and it's not very good. Here's some much clearer pictures from iSoaker. I'm using these because Max D valves are all the same as far as I can tell.

The spring typically breaks right behind the O loop at the end, and or the little plastic hook that it goes over breaks. I could just coat the whole thing in epoxy, which would keep the plastic piece from breaking, but the spring could still break. I could cut off the plastic hook and drill a little hole and epoxy a metal hook in instead. I'm not sure how risky that would be. Maybe I could find a stronger spring. Does anyone have any suggestions?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Re: Max D Reinforcement

Post by HBWW » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:16 am

You definitely want to reinforce the pegs if you can. I've seen them break off a MD Secret Strike. For springs, we need to find the correct ones and list them out in that thread. Max-D springs are almost as disposable as O-rings. A lot of them only use plain steel, designed to rust easily. You'll want some sort of stainless obviously.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 am

De Max D mod is the first thing that pops into my mind.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 am

Man, those Max-D springs are strong, but small. I could never find a way to replace the spring. Fiddly mechanism, too.

I would happily de-max a Flash Flood or something that you can easily, manually open/close, but on an aquapack devastator or similar? I don't know. I think the best bet would be to put some steel rods in there and get the spring sitting on them, not plastic. It seems like a lot of trouble though...

So the best answer, IMO, is get replacement springs, and epoxy a shaped metal rod onto both parts that the spring hooks onto. No more wear and tear.
Hmm. You could probably do it with a coat hanger.

I really don't like ball valves. You get a lot of non-linear strain on various components and angles, and you can't replace the springs. They're a real pain.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.