PRV disabling

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Nemesis

PRV disabling

Post by Nemesis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm

About a year ago, In my quest to fix a horribly disfigured CPS 2000, I had to transplant in a new pump mechanism, including the PRV, from a 2500. After a bit of trouble-shooting, it was all sealed and in good working order. During battles, I noticed that the process of pumping for some reason let the contents of the PC back into the reservoir by means of the pressure release valve. This could be worked around by pumping much quicker than usual, so I didn't pay much mention to the problem. I further reasoned that the cause of this ailment was the PRV from the 2500 not being designed for the higher pressure that the 2000's PC provided.
Yesterday, I opened her up and decided to fix this by disabling the PRV. I am aware of the complications that arise from this modification, and have performed it in the past, however, in my previous rendition of this process, It took me several tries, using bolts, and different all kinds of glue to seal seal the gaps I'd created. I would like advice on the proper materials to use, and the proper way to cut/drill/mutilate the plastic in that area, so as to suppress the impending pain of hurting my precious weapon to a minimum. Many thanks.
"The world is yours" - Nas

DX

Re: PRV disabling

Post by DX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:24 pm

2000s (MK2s) and 2500s use the same bladder. The 2500 just has lower HPL, aka the PRV opens at lower pressures. When examining the PRV, note how little of it is actually the valve and how much is just pipe space. Therefore, you can cut anywhere along that empty pipe, so choose a spot where it is narrower - this makes it much easier to seal up. I've had success with two methods of sealing the holes - a epoxy putty used very liberally, and a piece of plastic solvent-welded on with multi-purpose cement. Epoxy putty is the better method, but it needs to be for plastic and needs to be mixed thoroughly.

Whatever you do, think about it as "containment" and not as "gluing". I cover the whole opening in epoxy like it's the Deepwater Horizon well.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Yes I noticed the a thin area in the tubing. Unless JB Weld will work, I will have to wait for the snow to subside to obtain some other form of epoxy. Should I drill a hole and fill it, or cut a slot and just goob it in?

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

It is done! My 2000 Now pumps up fast and easy! Thanks to Water Weld again.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

It is done! My 2000 Now pumps up fast and easy! Thanks to Water Weld again.