Anybody Got these Internals?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
BumbaHookey

Anybody Got these Internals?

Post by BumbaHookey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey I just joined this forum! I was wondering if anybody had pictures of the nerf microburst internals? Thanks and I look forward to your replies. :D

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Anybody Got these Internals?

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:40 pm

no why would we, its dreadful.

more importantly why do you want to know
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm not even sure anyone has taken one apart yet. There really isn't much to see, and there isn't really anything worth modding or anything that can break so I don't think anyone here has really found the need to open one up. I'm not even sure if anyone here, other than isoaker, even bought one. That said the Microburst performs noticeably better than the Electrostorm (which is more expensive than the Microburst, and quite a bit bigger). :goofy:

As you can probably tell, we don't much like most of the new NERF(ed) Super Soakers. Their performance is pretty poor and they are massively overpriced.

I can give you a basic overview though. There's a small reservoir (the pistol grip is part of it) a small pump, two check valves (one each side of the pump i.e. inlet and outlet) and bits of tubing connecting everything up.

If someone on here does have one, I'm sure they would be more than happy to open one up and take a couple of pics for you.

BumbaHookey

Post by BumbaHookey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not even sure anyone has taken one apart yet. There really isn't much to see, and there isn't really anything worth modding or anything that can break so I don't think anyone here has really found the need to open one up. I'm not even sure if anyone here, other than isoaker, even bought one. That said the Microburst performs noticeably better than the Electrostorm (which is more expensive than the Microburst, and quite a bit bigger). :goofy:

As you can probably tell, we don't much like most of the new NERF(ed) Super Soakers. Their performance is pretty poor and they are massively overpriced.

I can give you a basic overview though. There's a small reservoir (the pistol grip is part of it) a small pump, two check valves (one each side of the pump i.e. inlet and outlet) and bits of tubing connecting everything up.

If someone on here does have one, I'm sure they would be more than happy to open one up and take a couple of pics for you.
Ok, im sorry.

BumbaHookey

Post by BumbaHookey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:no why would we, its dreadful.

more importantly why do you want to know
Ok, my bad. Do you know any water guns that require the same amount pumping? Also, that are around the same size?

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 pm

XP 215 or what I call "the mighty midget"

but still not a good primary unless in an assassin game, nothing smaller than a Python 2 will hold it's ground in a good battle

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

There's no need to be sorry, we all start somewhere.

Like Storm said, the Super Soaker XP 215 is a decent little blaster. It's miles ahead of the Microburst as it uses air pressure to pressurise the water. You pump it up a few times and pull the trigger to fire. The Microburst doesn't even have a trigger! You have to constantly pump the thing to fire.

You may have trouble finding an XP 215 in a shop, I'm not sure if they sell them anymore in the US (they haven't for years in the UK). If you can't find them new, and don't want a used one, you could also look at the Water Warriors Goblin or Cricket. Loads of people unfairly write off Water Warriors blasters as cheap Super Soaker knock-offs, but this just isn't true. In fact they perform a hell of a lot better than pretty much any current NERF Super Soaker (other than the Hydro Cannon) and they're much less expensive. :D

As a general rule of thumb, avoid NERF Super Soakers (anything pre-NERF i.e. just Super Soaker is at least half decent) and especially motorised blasters or blasters without a trigger and you won't go far wrong. If possible (and especially if you ever get something to use as a 'primary'), get something with XP, XXP or CPS in the name. Almost any Water Warriors blaster with a trigger is also a good bet.

BumbaHookey

Post by BumbaHookey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Andrew wrote:There's no need to be sorry, we all start somewhere.

Like Storm said, the Super Soaker XP 215 is a decent little blaster. It's miles ahead of the Microburst as it uses air pressure to pressurise the water. You pump it up a few times and pull the trigger to fire. The Microburst doesn't even have a trigger! You have to constantly pump the thing to fire.

You may have trouble finding an XP 215 in a shop, I'm not sure if they sell them anymore in the US (they haven't for years in the UK). If you can't find them new, and don't want a used one, you could also look at the Water Warriors Goblin or Cricket. Loads of people unfairly write off Water Warriors blasters as cheap Super Soaker knock-offs, but this just isn't true. In fact they perform a hell of a lot better than pretty much any current NERF Super Soaker (other than the Hydro Cannon) and they're much less expensive. :D

As a general rule of thumb, avoid NERF Super Soakers (anything pre-NERF i.e. just Super Soaker is at least half decent) and especially motorised blasters or blasters without a trigger and you won't go far wrong. If possible (and especially if you ever get something to use as a 'primary'), get something with XP, XXP or CPS in the name. Almost any Water Warriors blaster with a trigger is also a good bet.
Ok, thanks so much and I will look for a water warriors gun. :)

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Loads of people unfairly write off Water Warriors blasters as cheap Super Soaker knock-offs
well even a cheap knockoff can be better than the poor offerings Nerf gives us. (CA99 once saw a knockoff PRV with a 2x nozzle)

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Water Warrior Goblins are pretty cool. You can unscrew the cap on the bottom of the pistol grip and then connect the Goblin to your hose. It also shoots way further than the Microburst. I think about 10 feet further.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.