Python 2 internals and modding

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
darthmeow

Re: Python 2 internals and modding

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

I put a PVC nozzle selector on the python, and tried a few nozzles that I had for my APH:
I tried a single nozzle and a tri nozzle(I will measure output later):

I really like the ability to switch nozzles. I also have another nozzle made from the python N1 setting, and many larger nozzles from my APH.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Thats awesome! The tri nozzle is cool!
"The world is yours" - Nas

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks! The only problem with the tri nozzle is that it causes it to run out of pressure very fast. It is also hard to hit someone with all 3 streams if you are far away.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 pm

That's so cool. I think that making an effective burst nozzle can be difficult. You have to angle your drilling, but it has to be done at just the right angle. Some settings, like the Typhoon setting on the 3000/3200 spread out too much for my liking. If it's too close then it's basically a shower nozzle and not a proper burst. Shower nozzles are cool too, but I really appreciate a good burst, multiple shots that spread out enough to cause much greater damage. Here's the worst burst nozzle ever:

That's 4 1 mm nozzles, and collectively they somehow manage to put out less than 1 oz/sec! Insane. If you can see, the bottom nozzle is actually coming out so weak/small that the stream is breaking in half less than a foot out of the nozzle.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:57 pm

marauder wrote:That's so cool. I think that making an effective burst nozzle can be difficult. You have to angle your drilling, but it has to be done at just the right angle. Some settings, like the Typhoon setting on the 3000/3200 spread out too much for my liking. If it's too close then it's basically a shower nozzle and not a proper burst. Shower nozzles are cool too, but I really appreciate a good burst, multiple shots that spread out enough to cause much greater damage. Here's the worst burst nozzle ever:

That's 4 1 mm nozzles, and collectively they somehow manage to put out less than 1 oz/sec! Insane. If you can see, the bottom nozzle is actually coming out so weak/small that the stream is breaking in half less than a foot out of the nozzle.
Still better than any nerf super soaker...
I want to try another burst nozzle with a flat pvc cap instead of a round one so the streams are not as angled (so you can actually hit someone with all 3). The burst setting on the stock python 1/2 and colossi seems to work really well. How well does the monster series burst nozzle work?

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Yeah, BBT makes a great burst nozzle. I haven't used the Python 2, but I think the burst nozzle is exactly the same as the one on the original Python, which I thought was great. I loved the nozzle settings, my biggest beef was that I felt like it needed a separate PC and that it didn't make good use of all the water in the tank.

Monsters don't have burst nozzles in the same way BBT guns do. They are more like showers or fans. The fan type settings are several streams in one line, which is typically a little more powerful than a standard fan setting. The other settings are basically like diamonds or typical shower heads. They spread out the damage so that you do more damage than a stream with similar output, however the punch behind it is less. So you sacrifice a little sting and range for more soakage.

Trying it out on a flat cap is a great idea. I love the fact that you can mess around until you find what you want and spend so little money. PVC end caps are so cheap. You should check Wal Mart and see if they have the same "fire hose" nozzle mine has. It may be of interest for you to try out.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 pm

marauder wrote:Yeah, BBT makes a great burst nozzle. I haven't used the Python 2, but I think the burst nozzle is exactly the same as the one on the original Python, which I thought was great. I loved the nozzle settings, my biggest beef was that I felt like it needed a separate PC and that it didn't make good use of all the water in the tank.

Monsters don't have burst nozzles in the same way BBT guns do. They are more like showers or fans. The fan type settings are several streams in one line, which is typically a little more powerful than a standard fan setting. The other settings are basically like diamonds or typical shower heads. They spread out the damage so that you do more damage than a stream with similar output, however the punch behind it is less. So you sacrifice a little sting and range for more soakage.

Trying it out on a flat cap is a great idea. I love the fact that you can mess around until you find what you want and spend so little money. PVC end caps are so cheap. You should check Wal Mart and see if they have the same "fire hose" nozzle mine has. It may be of interest for you to try out.
Is the fire hose nozzle the one on the PPB?

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Nope, that's just a plain brass power nozzle. I have no clue if the one at Wal Mart is anything like a real fire hose nozzle, but that's what it's titled. Figured it'd be cool to try out.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

marauder wrote:Nope, that's just a plain brass power nozzle. I have no clue if the one at Wal Mart is anything like a real fire hose nozzle, but that's what it's titled. Figured it'd be cool to try out.
I think it have seen one of those at home depot. I think it is just a adjustable hose nozzle right? I have a similar adjustable hose nozzle, but since the python cannot fire for more than a second on the other nozzle (which is about the same output), I think it would probably have trouble getting decent range on that nozzle.

Off topic: Does the burst on the colossus work well like the python? Also, I think that the problem with the original python of not using all the water in the tank is mostly fixed on the python 2 if you fire it level. This python can use all but about an ounce of water, which is pretty good since it holds 70 ounces of water. I did remove the cap at the end of the intake tube, this seems to increase power a bit.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 pm

I did not get to take pics, but I just got another python, swapped the internals, and now the Python n' Blast (I think that is what I am going to name it) has a normal nozzle selector. Shot time is improved over the stock python, and the burst nozzle seems to be more powerful.