Explorer K ?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Explorer K ?

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:52 pm

I just drilled the smallest setting out to 8.5x and with the 2500 chamber in it it can support it nicely, the range is 37-38' all that's left is to paint the body black to add stealth for hit and run missions.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Me and DX are going back about if this would be a legal WW's only primary?

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 pm

I voted flat out no, because it's a 2500 PC. For a BBT-only class, it's the PC that matters the most, as that's what powers the gun. The rest of the gun may as well be irrelevant in this type of class. Think of it this way, if it had no PC, it would be a WW gun, but it would not function. If it had no reservoir, valve, trigger, or even pump, you could still make the 2500 PC function and fire. For the purposes of a manufacturer-only class, the Explorer K is a CPS 2500, imo.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

Well first of all, I'd like to say that I really didn't like the BBT-only rounds and I'd rather we not do them again. However, this is something I've been thinking about for a while; CPS blasters just keep getting older, and many people cannot get their hands on them. It puts newer people at somewhat of a disadvantage in wars, though so far we've been able to supply loaners for the most part. For this reason I'm thinking we might have to implement battles that are restricted to blasters no older than say, 5 years. I'm not saying I like the idea, and we probably don't have to worry about it for several years yet, but it may be necessary to make things more fair for new players who haven't been hoarding old guns for years. (Though that's assuming that it's not still only the regulars attending.)

Excuse my tangent, but what I'm getting at is that the above circumstances are the only times I'd actually be okay with doing light blaster rounds in big wars. In such a round, I'd say that using a 2500 PC would be illegal, simply because you're using a vital component of a banned blaster. If you replaced the PC with a bottle or balloons or something that anybody could do, then it would be okay by me.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 am

I still don't get why you think it should be banned in WW only, A CPS chamber is just well worn LRT. I used it because it was laying around, it just so happens that it was previously used in a 2500.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:17 pm

We keep saying CPS blasters are getting old and that this will cause severe issues, but the reality of our situation is that our lack of attendance is much more of an issue than the age of our blasters. Rob could loan out enough CPS blasters for everyone at a community war all by himself. I'm really not interested in having 5 years or more recent rounds, it will just end up being Collossi and Gorgons with the occassional Colossus 2. I'm not sure how you would enjoy that as much as the BBT only rounds which you already say you don't like. At least in those rounds we can use Vanquishers, Vindicators, and Blazers. I personally like the BBT only rounds but can respect the fact that you do not.

In regards to the Explorer issue, I'm on the fence. I can see your perspective and Rob's and SEALs. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you'll be coming to a community war any time soon. You should be able to get some LRT by then to use instead. I think that should be legal.

I am seriously in watergun fight withdraw mode right now.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:08 pm

The new blaster rounds would be to make things more fair for people who are new to the hobby and cannot get CPS blasters or other older, more powerful blasters. Right now that's not a problem; I meant sometime in the future (assuming we're all still around that is) when CPS blasters become much more rare. And no, I probably wouldn't like it. Fighting with low-output soakers isn't that much fun. Of course, the sky would be the limit for mods and homemades.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:54 pm

This thing is a cheap Gorgon equivalent and not as rare to find.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:25 pm

I hit my first goals way to easily, hopefully I will have a bigger challenge hitting my second goal... hitting 45 on 10x' !