Well here's what I did to attach 1L bottles to my MD 6000.
MD60KPCAttachment.JPG (155.05 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
I used a lathe to carve a piece of PVC into the same shape as the PC attachment/adapter/whatever the fudge it's called, then I cemented the bottle around the pipe (because 1/2" PVC happens to fit perfectly into the mouths of the bottles I used). For extra reinforcement, I used a hose clamp to hold it down.
Here's the best picture I have.
Sorry about the size; I have no idea why the pictures don't resize themselves to fit the screen...
MD60KInternals3.JPG (773.93 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Of course, that method is quite a bit harder, and you need to have a lathe. The good thing is, it's completely reversible. I can put the old PCs back in there whenever I want (I just have to transfer the O-rings).
I was actually going to write up an article on it, but I never got around to it. When I do, you can post the whole thing on Hydrowar if you want. My 6000 was fine at MOAB, but when I used it in the theater at LBW, it started leaking from the valve. The stupid spring isn't strong enough to fully close the valve; it occasionally stays open just enough to let water out. It was actually doing this a little at MOAB, but it wasn't nearly as bad as when I used it in CT. I need to find a better spring.
Oh what the heck, I'll start writing the article now. Stay tuned.
Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see how you did it. And I would replace both PCs, but it's up to you. As for nozzle size, 3/8" sounds pretty good. Not really sure though (just pulled that number out of my head), maybe someone else can give you a better size.
ok im done. heres what i did: i just used pvc cement to glue the new pc in place and for the nozzle I just cut off one of the nozzle selectors from the Y and attached it to the pipe that goes from the valve. i have not done range testing yet because its way too windy outside
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one
Wow, that looks pretty crazy. How about we see what happens when you replace the other PC? At any rate it would look better, though that's not that big a deal. Can't wait to see what ranges it gets. Speaking of that, I should range-test my 60000.
Dude, that is absolutely sick. I have just one suggestion, take several grades of sandpaper and wrap them around a pencil or a rat tail rasp (even better) and smooth those custom nozzles out. I'd start out with 100 and then give it a good sanding, then follow up with 180, 280, 500, P800, and then if you're really crazy seal it all off with P2000. This will give you a stock level smooth stream. I'm crazy about sanding things out to get a good smooth nozzle (unless I'm going for a riot blast).
Hmm. I'd like to see how the performance has improved. I think you went a little crazy on drilling out the fan and shower blast; it looks like you now have 1X,3X 10X and 12X. Maybe you should experiment with some epoxy putty and/or a straw on the second XXP nozzle (you can just unscrew and swap them) and try to get an effective intermediate setting. Chances are this gun can support 5-8X pretty well.