Most effective trigger reinforcement

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Most effective trigger reinforcement

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

After doing some modifications I had to trim down the internals of my Hydrocannon, including the trigger. Of course, now that it's cut down I'm going to need to reinforce it.

Before

Now

I don't want to just superglue a hanger onto this. I want to basically bond some metal to the plastic, or something like that. I really just want to use the plastic as a frame for metal. I'm even thinking about putting metal strips on each side and then clamping them sandwiching the plastic. What do you think?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder

Re: Most effective trigger reinforcement

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 am

Update. Just so everyone knows, it is impossible to upgrade the Hydrocannon's pump without having trigger issues. You saw how much I shaved the trigger down. Well, I reinforced it today and put it back in and it still gets stuck open unless I push it forward manually. Pathetic.

The gun is really powerful and has a lot of potential, but it's just not worth it to me if I can't greatly improve the pump volume.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Yeah, i would say pump volume is a huge factor if you have even a moderately large pc. The metal will be exponentially stronger if it is boxed, meaning that it is connected to itself in a closed shape. An example would be the difference in strength between an I beam and a boxed steel beam. If you cut a sheet of steel so that it will fold around all the sides of the plastic, and then solder or weld the seams, you would have an ideal reinforcement. Doing this however is a serious engineering feat, however, you need linear strength, so the sandwiching idea should work well, so long as it isn't bent in the wrong way. (this should not be a problem inside the hydrocannon's casing.)
"The world is yours" - Nas

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Never say impossible. Just show us why the way that you tried didn't work. I haven't opened my Cannon yet, but I do know that there is always a way. The lengths that you may have to go to- well that's a different story. It sounds like you need to upgrade the spring on the trigger valve, or try some fine sandpaper/lubricant on the trigger itself to lower friction.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 pm

After a certain point it just isn't worth it anymore. I'm downsizing my arsenal and I only have so much time. This time is better spent on mods that I know will be successful. That doesn't mean that I'm discouraging anyone else from trying to improve the HC's pump volume, it's just time for me to move on to something else.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

sheet metal works great.