Hydroblitz to-do list

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Hydroblitz to-do list

Post by thelaminator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 pm

ok, i've kept my hydroblitz plans under wraps for months now, and given i had little luck getting one, here's the scoop:

-complete revamp of PC/output tubing layout
-milled stainless steel pump arms
-waterproof storage built into remaining deadspace
-makeshift laminator added to upper nozzle
-and finally, the single hardest modification to ever be attempted by mankind to any water blaster: DRILLING OUT THE LOWER NOZZLE :goofy:

any input on the hurculean tasks i shall put myself through?
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Hydroblitz to-do list

Post by SEAL » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:33 am

So you haven't done it yet? It sounds pretty difficult; perhaps you should post a picture/drawing of what exactly you're trying to do if you want help. Not really sure what you mean by "complete revamp of PC/output tubing layout" or "waterproof storage".

When I was younger, I really wanted a Hydroblitz. I guess it's a good thing that I never found one, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:07 pm

I had a Hydroblitz and thought it was the best gun ever, until it broke. I told Hasbro, and they sent me three replacement guns (apparently the Hydroblitz was no longer available only 3 months after it came out) a original release Flash Flood, and two other ones. One of them was broken right out of the box and the FF and other gun broke soon after! :goofy: I wonder what would happen if I kept complaining? I'd have wound up with so many that I could have sold em and gotten a 2K! :goofy: Even Hasbro junk is still worth something on E-bay.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:36 pm

What? I complained to Hasbro bitterly for a variety of things, and the only thing they would send me was a Nerf Recon and a NSS Tornado Strike. (WTF, right?) I wanted to smash it with a hammer so badly... but I managed to sell it on craigslist for 15$, so it wasn't that bad. But still, I think they've blacklisted me or something. I would love to get my hands on a couple of Hydroblitz.
complete revamp of PC/output tubing layout
-milled stainless steel pump arms
-waterproof storage built into remaining deadspace
-makeshift laminator added to upper nozzle
Are you suggesting moving around the internals/disabling the Blitz function? I would be interested to see if you could have seperate triggers, the smaller PC (~130mL) for a normal nozzle (or backup mini riot blast), and the larger PC (~900mL) for the bigger nozzle? If you drilled out the bottom nozzle as is, the nozzle is (in)directly powered by the large PC and you could get as much power out of it as the tubing allows, maybe up to 3-5X.

Actually, totally revamping the internals could result in something awesome. Only thing is, the internals are a mess. If you could get the PC directly behind the ball valve (for the trigger) you could maximize the power output from that small nozzle, but the case isn't big enough. It's a really ambitious project. Maybe even "Herculean".
Why make the arms stainless? I would just replace that mechanism with a normal pump.
Are you suggesting making the case/shell part of the reservoir? It's an interesting idea, but even the stainless parts would rust after a while.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Sound like a fun project. And the name should totally be Hercules.

Off Topic:
I think some nerfers would just about have a heart attack if they saw this site…
If you have no idea what I am talking about, you must not have ever been to the NIC.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 pm

You should take pictures of the internals and then open them up in a graphics program and illustrate what you want to do.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Off Topic:
I think some nerfers would just about have a heart attack if they saw this site…
If you have no idea what I am talking about, you must not have ever been to the NIC.
Ever?
I followed NM&R before it was cool. What exactly are you refering to?
I've been a part of the NIC for a few years, but a little before I joined WWN, I stopped checking NH and Canadian Nerfers. There is a serious lack of nerfing in BC, and the atmosphere of the NIC in general was becoming very... let's say "rude".

And as far as heart attacks go, nerf guns do not water guns make. On the other hands, water guns can make very powerful, albeit usually impractical nerf guns. I have seen things done with CPS in the past that would make me cry now.

I promise to go back on topic once thelaminator gets back here...
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Speculation and planning mods is generally frowned upon, along with off-topicness and new posters.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm

By "Revamp" I mean using larger tubing and removing the "Blitz" function and turning it into a FF-Esque riot on crack. I posted about it a while ago, and was told it would make a great mod plan. As for the waterproof storage, I mean cutting out the resulting deadspace from removing the small PC and making a small storage area out of it, preferably sealed in a way water can't get in. I have a large mechanical background, so this shouldn't be as hard as some of the other things I've done before. For the pump arms, The flimsy orange plastic ones could easily be replaced with stainless ones cut out in a CNC machine (Ex, the one I use in school) the only real issue right now is... well... getting a hydroblitz :goofy:

And on the NIC thing, we are leagues different from them. they slather swears across every post you make, ban you if you use "i" instead of "I", oh, my, the list goes on. I honestly think sonic fans are better than the NIC, and you should see how those guys treat each other...

Oh, and as for Hasbro consumer affairs, It's a computerized system that checks a chart of keywords and prices, and checks the current inventory for what can be sent out in compensation. As for the HB, it's so immense and resource-consuming that they didn't list it in the "Sendable" inventory, since giving out practically free HB's would KILL hasbro's profits.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm

You're removing the small PC? What, are you going to make it a PR gun or something? :P I would either colossus mod the PC, or replace it with a larger bladder from a busted CPS blaster if you have any (and where the bladder isn't the part that's busted; you know which gun I'm talking about...). You wouldn't be able to fit your "waterproof storage", but what exactly would you use something like that for anyway? Maybe water balloons or something, but I'd just get a BDU or something with a lot of pockets.

However, you say you haven't even got a Hydroblitz yet. Not meaning to sound irritable or anything, but this thread doesn't really serve much purpose unless it's to inspire others who have them, haha. I'd have waited to post this until I actually got a Hydroblitz (because they can be quite hard to find).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

SEAL, the Hydroblitz has two bladders— the main bladder that powers the main nozzle, and the weaker secondary bladder that is filled with the main bladder and powers the blitz nozzle.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Doh! That's right; I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. I somehow got it into my head that it was like the Flash Flood or Arctic Blast where there's one bladder that powers both nozzles. What can I say? I've never owned a Hydroblitz before, haha. Now I know why everyone considers it to be so over-complex...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 pm

let us not forget the HB has a truly MONSTER main PC, hindered by thefact that the ID of the tubing is <1/4", or, in other words, puny :goofy:

Oh, and in the spirit of the nerd within me, I shall name it after my Milotic from Pokemon: Angela. Believe me, there still won't be anything "angelic" about it when It's done :goofy:

Speaking of, here's a fun fact: the HB's color scheme (as well as any other blasters that use it) Is the same as Kyogre's; The legendary water-type leviathan of Pokemon Sapphire version.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Now I know why everyone considers it to be so over-complex...
That's not the only reason...

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 pm

If that was brass instead of plastic you'd have a top of the line steam punk gun right there.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 am

If that was brass instead of plastic you'd have a top of the line steam punk gun right there.
Lol totally true.

-As for your plans, removing the top PC and gluing the pipe shut wouldn't be hard; but with the main PC the way it is (facing backwards!) it would be difficult to get the most power out of it.

What I would like to try is removing the blitz wire, adding a manual firing method for the top PC (a secondary trigger), and reversing the nozzle sizes so that the top, smaller pc is shooting a 2-3X stream, and the lower nozzle is a riot blast. Basically, turning the switch to what was once 'blitz' and pulling the trigger would fill up the top 'secondary' PC (without firing anything), turning the switch to the old stream setting and pulling the trigger would give you ~900mL of non-stop riot blast (or 5X/10X if you like), and anytime after the top chamber has been filled, you can pull the secondary trigger and use the top (140mL?) PC to power the stream (or it could be a reserve riot blast as well).
As far as I can see, that would be the easiest modification you could make. More in-depth mods would involve a lot of cutting, gluing, and parts to rearrange (or replace) the internals.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 pm

soakinader wrote:
-As for your plans, removing the top PC and gluing the pipe shut wouldn't be hard; but with the main PC the way it is (facing backwards!) it would be difficult to get the most power out of it.

What I would like to try is removing the blitz wire, adding a manual firing method for the top PC (a secondary trigger), and reversing the nozzle sizes so that the top, smaller pc is shooting a 2-3X stream, and the lower nozzle is a riot blast. Basically, turning the switch to what was once 'blitz' and pulling the trigger would fill up the top 'secondary' PC (without firing anything), turning the switch to the old stream setting and pulling the trigger would give you ~900mL of non-stop riot blast (or 5X/10X if you like), and anytime after the top chamber has been filled, you can pull the secondary trigger and use the top (140mL?) PC to power the stream (or it could be a reserve riot blast as well).
As far as I can see, that would be the easiest modification you could make. More in-depth mods would involve a lot of cutting, gluing, and parts to rearrange (or replace) the internals.
that would be nice, but I think the plans I have already are complex enough as it is.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 pm

thelaminator wrote:
soakinader wrote:

that would be nice, but I think the plans I have already are complex enough as it is.
??? How is replacing/removing all of the piping harder than drilling one nozzle, filling the other, and disconnecting one wire???

I suppose that with what you want to do already, anything else added on to that would make it more "complex".

But I was actually suggesting an entirely seperate mod altogether. Like I said, I would like to try it, as I believe with a few hours and a coat hanger, I could do it.
Problem is, I still don't have one, and I still don't want to fork over 25-30$ for the one on CG with the 3L pack. So for now, all I can do is imagine.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:01 am

Since my riot nozzle is already glued open, I've been considering taking out the riot PC and putting in an elbow. It may fire slower, but the Blitz's main is the same size as the 2000 mk1. It seems no one has done this yet, odd. Good luck, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:21 am

All I have to say is, you're lucky that whatever backlog of repairs you may need to make has not stopped you from wanting to do something as insane as cutting up and rearranging HydroBlitz internals.

If I had a HydroBlitz, I'd keep it stock until it breaks, then assuming the repair wasn't quick and easy (which almost never is), I'd probably turn the whole bunch into spare parts and maybe attempt a frankenstein homemade or two out of the thing.

About the NIC, I can't ever see the water war community operating anywhere remotely close to how they do. The nature of the hobby seems to prevent that from being likely as well as the popularity of it. That said, perhaps weirder things have happened.

Now, perhaps hacking up the HB would be fun, swapping parts around and kludging them together with epoxy/putty, but getting something to work is something else.

I once attempted to put a broken FF's internals to better use by taking it out of the casing and duct taping it over a CPS 1000 to use as a secondary weapon. It was quite a kludge and I wish I had a picture of it (I'd have been laughed at to hell even here if I posted that), but it was no use due to the fact that it was nearly unusable, and terribly balanced the gun.

Perhaps I may explore a similar concept in the future, but keep only the PC. Use it as an "extra" attached to the gun and pumping it up between games. That said, the whole idea of weapon attachments has never worked out for water warfare, so perhaps such a use is a bad one for HB parts.

Honestly though, I don't see much practical use for an HB aside from what I said earlier - scrap parts and frankenstein homemades. A lot of mods suggested here sound like they'd be too much work for the benefit they give, or would render parts of the gun as nothing but deadweight. That said, I think the best simple mod is the one that's already been suggested: Get rid of the whole top section of the blaster internals. The ball valve, the PC, all of that goes. Leave the switcher valve, and connect that to a simple elbow joint to a good nozzle. This gives you better diameter for more flow, and spare parts that may become useful later. If you leave it all intact, you have to deal with finding a way to freeze the PC, although unlinking the valve and leaving it open is very easy. (Although is a waste of a valve that could go to use somewhere else.)

Not sure what other mods would be even remotely worth doing for the HB. I could imagine using parts of the blaster to house a homemade (and using the rest as scrap parts), but that's about it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat