CPS 1500 3X Nozzle Mod

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
soakinader

CPS 1500 3X Nozzle Mod

Post by soakinader » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm

This write-up is for giving your CPS 1500 3X nozzle settings instead of 2X XD, and/or adding a 3X nozzle setting.

I did this a while ago with some reference to GJIV's mod, but I did mine a little bit differently.
I seem to have lost the original pictures (and write up), but I took some new pictures today for a friend, and I decided to post them here.
First, the finished product:
Image (Don't mind the assistacat)
I would imagine that you could do this modification to a CPS 1500 with a nozzle cover, but you would have to lengthen the slot to make that work.
Anywho, for the record, mine appears to have had no glue on the cover, and a screw-on pump cap.
Here are the three nozzle settings. You go 10X-5X-3X in one smooth motion:
ImageImageImage

As you can see, the large holes on the top area are for selection. The nozzles themselves are on the bottom area, and you can clearly see in the third picture that the added 3X setting is selected, small hole in the bottom, big hole on the top. You can also see the hard chamber sticking out of the bottom.

I drilled the 3X hole using a 1/8" bit, but you could drill a hole any size you like. I call it 3X because it has about twice the shot time as the 5X setting, but I can't really be sure. Actually, it is pretty close in size to the 3X on my XXP275. In any case, I just like calling it 3X.

The opposite hole should be the same size as the other large holes. All of the holes, from centre to centre, are exactly 1/2" apart. If you could imagine there being 6 equilateral triangles on the nozzle selector, centred on the screw hole, each vertex would be in the centre of a hole. Measure repeatedly, and mark the center of the two holes with pencil. Before you drill make sure that the spot is EXACTLY 1/2" from the centre, and both of the closest two holes. Start with a small bit and work your way up.

You also need to cut two slots into the selector, on the sides. Facing the front, the left side needs a 1/2" slot cut out of it, parallel to the holes for 5X/3X selection. You almost don't have to cut it, but it rubs and bends the selector between the 5X and 3X settings.
ImageImageImage

The bigger slot on the right is about 1 1/4" long. Just cut it and adjust until the selector turns without resistance.
ImageImageImage
That 3rd picture just won't display for me. Just click on it.

Now you could just lop off the entire edge of the selector, and then have 6 settings (4 unique ones), but A: I like having the selector simple, and knowing that rotating it will always change the setting. Turn it clockwise: more power. Turn it counterclockwise: less power. Can't turn it- I know what setting I am on.
And B: the size of the hole from the gun (without the nozzle selector at all) is half/maybe a whole 1mm wider than the 10X setting. Even if you could select a "20X" setting, the water would rush out of an 11X hole and not even touch the edges of the 20X. C: I think it looks better, too.

I have some shot videos, but I can't upload them to Imageshack for some reason, but if anyone could help with that (Or recommend something better than imageshack?) I could post. I should just make a youtube account... but that is too much work. dXD <Do you like the baseball cap? I thought so.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 1500 3X Nozzle Mod

Post by HBWW » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

I use imgur these days since imageshack kind of went down the drain over the years.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Sounds good. If you have a gmail, you have a youtube. Really. I'm Shazamitilam Man. :p

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 am

This is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! I'm totally doing this when I get home. I can't wait. Can you give us stats on shot time for the different nozzles? The easiest way to do this is to record your shots, then open the videos up in windows movie maker or imovie and trim the beginnings until the shot comes out the nozzle and clip it when the shot is complete.

PS: I sent you the login information for the community youtube account.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.