K-mod statistics?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

K-mod statistics?

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 am

I haven't seen it yet, so i'll bring it up and hopefully put it on the wiki.
Basically this will be a K-mod statistics reference chart. For instance, the row for _ balloons are equal to approximate _ feet in increase of range and _ of decrease in PC capacity, and blablablablah.

Seem to be useful in a way?

Poseidon2000

Re: K-mod statistics?

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am

Balloons____Increase in Range___Decrease in PC volume
1____________Feet________________oz/ml
2____________Feet_________________oz/ml
3____________feet__________________oz/ml
4____________Feet_________________oz/ml
5____________Feet__________________oz/ml
6____________Feet__________________oz/ml______
7____________Feet__________________oz/ml
8____________Feet__________________oz/ml
9_____________Feet_________________oz/ml
10____________Feeto________________oz/ml
… … …
Kinda like that. :cool_liquidators: Do you think it could work?

EDIT: Part of this is my for my knowledge, too. :mrgreen: I want to know how many balloons it would take to take approximately 5 ounces off a pressure chamber and what the approximate power-up will be. I'm hoping the 20's category of balloons will be right.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:27 pm

The problem with that is, all blasters are different. DX's 12K hits the mid-40s with 35 balloons I think, whereas mine could barely take 10. Unfortunately I could not investigate this further, since the damn valve basically gave up on life. I tried it with 20 or 25 balloons, and the pump was almost rock hard (not meaning that the wrong way), and took a lot of force to pump. The PRV also plays an important part.

Point is, there are just too many variables to make a database like you're suggesting. Of course, if there is a blaster that you plan on K-modding, feel free to measure the results with different numbers of balloons. Like I said, I would've done that with mine if the valve worked the way it should've. I think someone (marauder?) has done this before, and actually made a chart for it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 pm

It may seem like much, but we could make a chart for every k-moddable gun.

But, does anyone know the approximate amount of increase of range and decrease of pc volume with 25-30 balloons on a 1500?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 am

It often depends on mark of the particular gun. With some blasters, however, it's easier as there doesn't really seem to be any variation. I did a study on light CPS 15ks which I brought to Downpour last year. It's in excel format and includes a graph of output, range, and shot time by nozzle size and # of balloons. This will be on Hydrowar this Fall, but I'll make sure to post the link here to add to the discussion.

I experimented on 2 CPS 1500s with stock ranges of 46 ft (5x) and 44 ft (10x). Adding balloons made the range of 10x go up and 5x go down. Stream speed increased and PC capacity went down. I did not see a dramatic increase in range - the 10x nozzle peaked at 46 ft. You'd be more likely to hit someone with the increased stream speed, and larger blast/higher output of a 15k on 10x than a stock 1500 on 5x; but your number of tap shots per tank will go down dramatically. I ended up opting for a 5 balloon k mod, if you can even call 5 balloons a k mod. This upped my stream speed just a little without sacrificing any range.

You should do your own experiment like I did, then we can compare notes.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I really wonder why the 5x got lowered in range. Hmm..

I'll test it with 15-20 balloons first, then I'll see from there.