power.pak level ups

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

power.pak level ups

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:03 pm

I've been thinking about it, so now I'll post It. Could the power pak backpack power up cps guns? Can the chambers be connected to the nozzle area via tube to letout an even more potent stream?
:cps2000: :soaked:
Any thoughts?

GJIV

Re: power.pak level ups

Post by GJIV » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:18 am

My friend, this is nothing new :D I have already tested this in one of my guns, see Super CPS or something like that. It was a CPS 3000 connected with one and later two Power Paks :)

The only problem here is that the water flow from the tank on your back is weakened by the long hose, unable to keep the pressure and power of the original, built in CPS chamber. After my CPS 3000's chamber was emptied, the range droppped down from 13 to 9 Metres or something like that. not that effektiv, but therefore you have massiv volume :D

I am planing to build something crazy here, but not the time yet :) Connecting CPS guns directly with the CPS power pak hose sounds stronger than it perform in reality then :)

nice greetings

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 pm

GJIV is right, you won't get much (if any) extra range or power, unless the bladders are thicker than the standard bladder in the CPS blaster (which can be made thicker with a k-mod or colossus mod). The blaster will only fire water at the pressure generated by the thickest bladder. You'll potentially have a higher sustainable output and a definite increase in shot time, but no extra power. That's before we get into the issues of having that much bending pipe between the PC's and the nozzle.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 pm

just bein' curious. :goofy:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:46 pm

No harm there. As I said, there are benefits, just not necessarily in power or range increase.