triggers for ss300 xp250 and xxp275

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

triggers for ss300 xp250 and xxp275

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 am

ya know da leevars on the guns on the title? Well i vant to make regular triggers for it.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. i think croc and mr dude were working on something similar, yes?

Andrew

Re: triggers for ss300 xp250 and xxp275

Post by Andrew » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 pm

As it's a ball valve system, the easiest thing to do would be to extend the existing bar and have some sort of drop link with a two (or more) finger trigger (the whole point of the lever is it requires less force, over a greater distance, to open the valve).

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:11 pm

So what you're saying is to extend the lever and drop it down to the handle with some sort of trigger design? :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:01 pm

What I intend to do with my XXP 275 is this: Open it up, drill two small holes on the top, two on the bottom, and insert metal gromets. Tie two nylon strings to the trigger handle, and feed them through their respective holes. The strings will go around the internals, in such a way the string won't rub/pull anything important, and then connect to a trigger on the handle at the bottom of the gun. Basically a pulley system than redirects the direction of force without the wheels. It would be barely noticeable, you could still use the top lever to fire, and you could always replace the string or remove it, with only four tiny holes and maybe a slot for anyone to know the difference.
I don't think that would be feasible on the SS300, the angles are difficult to work with, and I just don't want to think about it, because it is a rare, fragile, and modding a nice one like mine or yours seems like blasphemy or something. Although, If I ever find a beat up one at value village, I will go absolutely crazy on it.
Actually, there is an simple way to make it easier to fire. See the bar that goes from the front valve to the handle? Attach some plastic to that, make it go around the sides of the gun, just above the pump, in such a way that you can grab it with your pump hand and pull it straight back.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:08 pm

That sounds easy.

Plus that pic is courtesy of dukesoakem.com

I will have.a 300 very soon....Mwahahahahaha! :goofy:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 am

Poseidon2000 wrote:So what you're saying is to extend the lever and drop it down to the handle with some sort of trigger design? :oo:
Not necessarily the lever, but the link bar running across the top of the blaster. If you wanted you could build a lever trigger to make opening it easier, rather than just a pull trigger.

You could also use a string and pulley system (like soakinader and atvan have both suggested at some point) which would look neater.
Last edited by Andrew on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:36 am

soakinader wrote:What I intend to do with my XXP 275 is this: Open it up, drill two small holes on the top, two on the bottom, and insert metal gromets. Tie two nylon strings to the trigger handle, and feed them through their respective holes. The strings will go around the internals, in such a way the string won't rub/pull anything important, and then connect to a trigger on the handle at the bottom of the gun. Basically a pulley system than redirects the direction of force without the wheels. It would be barely noticeable, you could still use the top lever to fire, and you could always replace the string or remove it, with only four tiny holes and maybe a slot for anyone to know the difference.
This is brilliant. I use grommets in leatherworking, but I never thought of using them with soakers. I am getting a 275 from Duxburian this Fall, and I will have to try this on it. Just a few questions. The 275, like all soakers, splits into 2 seperate halves. I am assuming you are going to put one grommet hole on the bottom of each half and one grommet on the top of each half?

I'm not sure if you read elsewhere, but I also intend on replacing the air pressure PCs on the 275 with CPS ones from 2 Hydrocannons, Flash Floods, Arctic Blasts, or Aquapack Devastators. Then I'm going to replace the fan nozzles with 5x nozzles, and replace one of the showerheads with an off option.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 pm

You got it. I tend to think of things as a whole in theory, but when I have actually cracked the shell open to start the mod, I will do what things one side at a time.
I have read about the AP/CPS conversion dealy on three different threads now.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.