modding potential of nerf titan

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

modding potential of nerf titan

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:43 am

I was at a friends house yesterday he has a Titan I wasn't amazed with it's abilitys as a dart gun, however I do see some potential for it as a WBL. Now first off I don't plan to get a Titan so don't get to exited, but if you removed the air restrictor, and added a PVC barrel the balloons would really fly. Taking addvantige of it's mount point and trigger that was meant for the Scout AS-V 3 you could mod a point break for use as a mounted sidearm. And using the mount for the Hornet AS-V 6 you could mount a light primary weapon as well it would be the ultimate WBL combat system.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Re: modding potential of nerf titan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am

Except that it would shoot the balloon about ten feet, point breaks are crap, and adding a primary on there would make it more cumbersome and unbalanced. Sorry to rain on your parade.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 am

I used to have a Titan. It was as fun as hell to shoot, but I don't think it would work to well with a water balloon, unless perhaps you somehow added a stronger air tank and pump. An advanced modding project to be sure. I agree with atvan about adding blasters to it; just sling a 1500 or something over your shoulder if you want an extra blaster.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 am

There is an air restrictor that limits power it would be removed, I know the point break is trash, but it's the only water gun pistol with the required tacticle rail. When I said primary I meant something like renigade, or outlaw sized something smaller but with decent power in case someone gets to close for the launcher to be safe.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:15 am

The air tank in a titan is smaller than the balloon. Therefore, the maximum barrel length would be to short to hold the whole baloon, and the volume of air would be so pitiful that the balloon would probably just fall down right in front of you.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am

I know the point break is trash, but it's the only water gun pistol with the required tacticle rail
All you have to do in order to use another pistol is just saw the rail off some Nerf gun you don't want (like a broken Mav or whatever) and cement it onto the pistol you want to use (epoxy putty would be good here). Many WW pistols have unused space on top of their reservoirs that would work for the tactical rail. Remember that "clean" mods are an NIC concept, our mods are often ugly as hell, but very functional and that's what matters.

Weapons systems involving a WBL mounted on a soaker or a soaker mounted on/under a WBL have been proposed a lot of the years, and they all fall short in practicality. The problem with launchers is that they require a ton of power in order to get a balloon going. "Mini" WBLs come with equally "mini" range, especially when it's the PC that is compacted. A WBL needs to be able to hit 120 ft at bare minimum, else hand throwing becomes more practical. I actually ditched my lax stick and used manual throwing at the Valley of Death battle at Downpour because I could just throw balloons the exact same distance.

Titans are very overpowered for shooting foam darts, but are very underpowered for shooting balloons filled with water. You need both pressure and volume to deliver results. Water is heavy and not all that aerodynamic. Don't forget that the balloon must make it out alive. I'm not sure how fast the air release is with a Titan tank, but if it's too fast, balloons would pop. Even a sabot cannot always protect the balloon from a fast air dump.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:47 am

I think I did pretty well with the 2000/douchenator combo. You just have to be able to switch real fast. I have drawn out some blueprints for what I think will be a much more practical WBL. Just have to build it when I get home. I designed it for mobile use. I have also designed some accessories to go with it. Is it November yet? Ughhhh.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.