CPS 2100 mk 2 moded

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
AMBUSH
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

CPS 2100 mk 2 moded

Post by AMBUSH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:44 am

How many balloons can you put on the 2100 mk 2 without cutting out the pressure release valve?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 2100 mk 2 moded

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:49 am

DX and Wetmonkey would be the experts on this, I think, although other experienced modders (Andrew, GJIV, Duke Soak 'Em?) might be able to give you a good answer. I now Commander Dave was working on 2100s and various k mods before GNG stopped being updated, you may be able to find something there.

I can't tell you exactly, but I'm sure you'd be able to get at least 20 balloons on there. The best way to find out is to do a study yourself. I did something like this with 1500s and plotted it in excel with # of balloons vs range, output, and shot time. Basically, you are performing a test to see how the guns performance changes with the more balloons you use (before disabling the PRV). I hear that premium grade helium quality balloons work better. I have always just used regular party balloons, because they're easier to find. They work good enough.

Alternatively, you could put a 1000's PC into a 2100. That's supposed to increase performance as well.

Did you get a 2100 or are you looking at getting one?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 am

My particular MK II is unusual. It only takes about 5 balloons before the PRV becomes a problem, and the trigger broke very easily and needed reinforcement (use plastic/metal welding epoxy, sheet metal plating, and sheet metal cutting scissors.) You may be able to swap out the spring in the PRV for increased performance, but I don't know how that's done since I never tried it myself.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Marauder's right, the best way would be to experiment with number of balloons vs range before the PRV kicks in. Each blaster is slightly different and will have it's PRV kick in at slightly different pressures (if you think about a normal distribution, most will activate around the designed release pressure, some will release high above, some will far below).

Another factor to consider is whether or not the components will be able to take the increased pressure. A CPS 2700 for example, can't take much without cracking the internals.

Finally you'll want to think about shot time and PC capacity. You may be able to put one hell of a lot of balloons on a PC and get ranges in excess of 50 ft before the PRV kicks in, but you might end upw with something useless in a battle scenario. My CPS 1500 PC lost around 100ml of PC capacity with 15 balloons, and shot time dropped by just over 1 second (doesn't sound much, but with most CPS blasters you don't have much to begin with).

I don't want to put you off or anything, but if you're thinking of actually using the blaster these are things you need to consider. You may want to reinforce some of the internals as a precaution.

As for a PRV spring swap, you'll have to talk to GJIV about that. :goofy:

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Andrew wrote:As for a PRV spring swap, you'll have to talk to GJIV about that. :goofy:
I've been bugging him to write a guide to this for a while. It would truly revolutionize power modding.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I could probably do the mod, I just reaaaaaly don't want to cut in the wrong place, especially on anything in my very limited armoury. Your definately right though. After all, the PRV is the limiting factor in blaster power modding (reinforcement solves the strength issue), and the only real factor in AP blaster power modding.

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm

I wanted to put 20 balloons in the 2100. It should reach up to 40 ft. I don't think that the PRV will kick in with 20 balloons on. I also wanted to paint the 2100 I am going to buy it from Dux this fall.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 pm

I've heard anything from 0 to 30 in the mk2, more commonly 5-20. They are so variable that it's impossible to tell without actually layering the balloons. As for range with a light K-mod, it depends on what kind of range you are starting with. This is why the mk1 2100 is so good, it starts with 40ft stock and has mid-high HPL.

PC capacity is not much of an issue with a light K-mod. My 12K has about 35 balloons and the stream is still rich and juicy. Same goes for the 10K at 40 balloons. Now when you get up high, above 70, your shot time is reduced to about a second and the stream is ragged. It really flies the distance, but you pay for the high range with bad cohesion, which makes scoring hits less likely at-range. Heavy K-mods excel at scoring close and mid-range hits since the streams are so fast.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 am

The only problem with the 2100 Mk 1 is that it is too expensive. I know they are rare but I wanted to try and mod the Mk 2 after what you said. I think I will put 35 or 40 balloons in the 2100. I hope the PRV does not kick in with that many balloons.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 pm

In my limited experience with Mk2's I found them unpredictable. I had new stock one once where the PRV would kick in after one pump, leaving no choice but to cut it off and seal it. Others weren't so picky, however not personally my preferred version whether you plan to mod it or not. Experimenting until it stops is the best method as they seem to vary, although as a rough figure I personally would say 20.