CPS 2025

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DukeSoakem

CPS 2025

Post by DukeSoakem » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 pm

While I have not completed this unplanned and unexpected project yet, I may as well show and explain what I have done so far and how it suddenly came about.

First of all, chances are what you are about to see is more of a one off thing, so it only applies to certain situations.

Now how this came about and what it is.

I recently got a CPS 2500 that was new, however while it worked, after a while it turned out to be faulty to the point where I couldn't really fix it to normal again. I tried but this time it was beyond my control. This happened 2 days ago. It had pressure issues, could only build about 75-80% pressure on the guage and then stopping completely, something up with the valve so it leaked pressure, also the nozzle selector leaked when fired and since I needed to open the blaster, I've found the nozzle selector on the 2500 is poorly screwed on to the point where the screw thread is worn very quickly, so the nozzle selector won't go back on again without a lot of effort. It also made an painful screeching sound every time you pumped.

In the olden days then what would have happened is that's it I'm annoyed I just want to throw it away and forget about it, however now, I decided because it is new and fresh there are parts from it I can cannibalise and use on something else, and what do you know I knew just the thing. So, what I have ended up doing, I have ended up creating a hybrid.

I realised I could use certain parts to help make another certain blaster better, as well as rather unique as it turns out now. Recently, I won a third CPS 2000 for not too much off eBay UK. It worked fine, however out of the 3 2000's I have (including this one), it was the least powerful, not by much but still. It's pressure gauge transparent tube had also faded to a golden yellow colour and generally was a bit more scuffed (reservoir areas .etc.). One thing I noticed with the faulty 2500 that while being a lemon, the one thing that did work fine and was noticably powerful was it's pressure chamber. It had a nice kick to it and had more power than all the other 2500's I remember owning, from that I felt it would be an idea to give my 2000 some fresher rubber. This 2500 chamber is pretty much new and fresh, so should be a bit better. So, with a 2500 for parts, and a 2000 that could do with some pimping up, I got to work on my hybrid. I was able to do a fair bit of it now because I had finished doing all the stats, pictures and videos on this 2000 for the comparison page I plan to do in the future where I compare it with the other two I have.

What I am basically doing is putting the DNA from that 2500 into this 2000 creating a mix of both sides.

Here's what I have done so far.

-Put the 2500 pressure chamber in to replace the 2000's older and slightly less powerful one.
-Taken the the tubing that connects from the reservoir/check valve piping that connects to the firing valve (basically the clear tubing that allows water to be pumped through) on the 2500 and put it into the 2000 to replace it's old tubing - The tubing this 2000 had was really dirty to the point you couldn't really see any clear part, and given the 2500's was new and clean, as well as being the same length as parts wise they are pretty much the same, it was a nice idea to again put more 2500 parts to good use to clean things up.
-Put the trigger and rod from the 2500 in to replace the older slightly more faded one from the 2000 - Again, may as well make use of something new, plus I have a spare!
-Put the 2500's reservoir and pump on the 2000 - again like last time, nice to have newer fresher interchangeable pieces on.
-Put the red cosmetic detailed side pipe pieces on.
-I also rather anally to make things look more authentic carefully peeled off the warning label that you see on top of the cosmetic nozzle piece and put it onto where you find it on the 2000's nozzle at the front.

I used the 2000's body as I prefer the darker more metallic grey it has. However I wanted the 2500's red still hence the interchanging of parts. Also those parts were new and pretty much unscuffed and scratched, so all over it looks pretty fresh now.

Things I still need to do until full completion

-Make an interchangeable nozzle, as I want a 10x nozzle, it'll just be the screw on endcap method as I'm not a fan of the 2500's nozzle selector. However I have kept it to use as a templete for the sizes. I've got a fair idea on what I'll do to do it without hacking into anything as well as keeping the original nozzle unaffected, however it'll take me a bit longer to do that, I'll update when I do.
-Replace the CPS 2500 sticker with my own CPS 2025 sticker, which I'll make using Photoshop and vinyl sticker paper which I'll be able to get - This will complete the unique persona of it quite nicely.

Initial results are good so far. It definitely has a bit more power compared to before, nice stream, shoots about 0.1 seconds less so definitely a slight power boost there from the fresher but also well powered 2500 chamber in general. Also a slight range increase. And now it looks way more fly than before.

For now here is a picture. I have taken pictures of every step I did, so when I do the revamp of the site, I'll document everything in detail.
Attachments
CPS 2025.jpg
CPS 2025.jpg (238.86 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Last edited by DukeSoakem on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Re: CPS 2025 (Work in progress)

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I believe this would be a 2520. The first number usually represents the power plant (think DX's 1021), and the second the host gun. If the 2k is even that and not just a reshell.

/nitpick
Last edited by atvan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:55 am

Nice! I'm assuming the range is in the upper 40s?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 am

marauder4 wrote:Nice! I'm assuming the range is in the upper 40s?
Thanks, you are pretty much right. At its best, maximum range is about 50ft, about 1ft more than the old 2000 chamber. Again, 50ft is about maximum though, in terms of consistency and more of a general figure the range is like you said is in the late 40's, I'm still satisfied with that though so it's all good.

Also, even though it is rather late, if you are still going to modify the HydroCannon with the bigger chamber, since the 2000's chamber I took out is the same size as the 2500 one I used to mod mine that I used to have, I have got a measurement of the outer diameter of the tube casing. It is about 5.65cm. I cannot get an internal diameter yet as both ends of plastic are still glued on. I plan to try and get the front plastic end off at some point since I don't really have anything to lose, so if and when I do it I'll give a measurement. Since it has faded to a golden yellow I will most likely get a replacement tube for it at some point so measurements would be quite beneficial.

I've also got an almost clear idea of how I'm going to add the changeable nozzle now without hacking into anything of the blaster not long after posting the thread. I have most of the parts lying around as well, everything else is easy to obtain as well.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 am

I do plan on modding my Hydrocannon when I get back. Realistically I won't get to it until around December, as I have a lot of family and friends to see when I get back to the States. I am all for people developing new mods while I'm gone... it just means more for me to use once I get home.

I also prefer the darker/metallic gray on the 2000. I'm a big fan of the 1700's shiny blue as well.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:17 pm

I've not updated much on mod progress for a while, however things have been happening.

As for my work on the CPS 2025, I have pretty much decided to leave it as you see it now, all I have got left to do is make a new logo.

Attempts to add another alternate nozzle weren't successful to the point where permanently gluing parts on would have been the only way, and on something like this I'd rather keep it unhacked. I am pretty happy with how it is anyway, looks subtly different enough while also showing the 2500's chamber put through a CPS 2000's nozzle design has enough power behind when turned to the max.

However, I want one of these with a working multi nozzle, and that is what I went and did, check out the new thread I have started.