I modded my Monster XL

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
TheSoaker

I modded my Monster XL

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 pm

so I was bored one day and i had my monster XL with me at the time and I decided to mod it. what did i do? i did'nt collossus it and i did'nt CVF it. you know the Y splitter that the water has to go through which slows down the flow of said water? yes that one. I wanted more power from my monster Xl... so i sawed it off, made a 8X nozzle with a laminator for it. and so my monster XL shot 50 feet YES 50 FEET OUT OF A MONSTER XL. ill post pics tomorow. Now. Any sugestions on how to lighten it? Image Image
-TheSoaker
Last edited by TheSoaker on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

Andrew

Re: I modded my Monster XL

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 am

There aren't many ways to lighten a MXL and minimisation modifications are the only real way to do it.

If you want to retain the structure, reservoir, firing mechanism and rigidity you could:
  1. Remove bipod
  2. Cut off fake pipework
  3. Cut off fin things
If you want to go lighter but retain structure:
  1. Remove reservoir (add a backpack or just use the QFD)
  2. If you've removed the reservoir, you can remove most of the rear bodywork (the reservoir mount behind the trigger)
  3. Remove pump mechanism (just use QFD, but you might have to keeps some of the pump pipework as a trigger guide)
If you want a full minimisation mod:
  1. Remove everything but the PC section (inner layer of bodywork) and attach a pistol grip and trigger to this

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

How to lighten MXL:
Work out every week.

Joking aside, I'd like to congratulate you on an excellent mod! I always knew the MXL had potential (I bet you could get even more power if you colossused it.). I wonder why no one else thought of doing this? Maybe it's because nobody has MXLs (The only community members that I can think of who have them are: You, iSoaker, M4, and CA99.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

SEAL wrote:How to lighten MXL:
Work out every week.

Joking aside, I'd like to congratulate you on an excellent mod! I always knew the MXL had potential (I bet you could get even more power if you colossused it.). I wonder why no one else thought of doing this? Maybe it's because nobody has MXLs (The only community members that I can think of who have them are: You, iSoaker, M4, and CA99.).
Hey, did forget about me ?... I have 4 Monster XLs around, hehe. :cps2700:

Also thought about such a mod but what makes the gun so special is its dual-based firing system. Removing this would mean to me to take away the Xl...reducing it to a big Monster X...

Well done, my friend! :) Keep things going, hehe :)

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Sorry, dude. I probably forgot a few others too. In fact, I probably would've forgot about M4 as well, except that I saw his XL in person (and used it!), haha.

I used to want a MXL, but after seeing the horrendous prices those things go for, I just forgot about it. I definitely would miss a chance to get one for a low price though, just as a fun weapon, and yes, maybe to mod.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am

Wow that's awesome. I may have to do that when I get back, but I'd like to see proof (like GJIV's 300 video) that it shoots 50 ft. Speaking of which, I have to figure out why my 300 shoots around 41 ft.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 am

Very nice mod. MI guess the XL isn't so underpowered after all. I would get one, but like SEAL pointed out, the price is terribly high.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:06 am

marauder4 wrote: Speaking of which, I have to figure out why my 300 shoots around 41 ft.
Mine got a very laminar stream. Would check this first. When pump up to full pressure ? Angle at 45 degees ? Did not have any wind though, so the gun may archieve even 60 feet with wind...just tested it under normal condition though :D

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 am

Well M4's 300 was like a flamethrower. The water just sprayed out all over the place. He was still a tough opponent though...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 pm

SEAL wrote:How to lighten MXL:
Work out every week.

i can sprint around while pumping it just fine

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

have you guys noticed that my monster XL has no QFD ?