Gorgon Heavy mod

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Gorgon Heavy mod

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 am

I was looking at the gorgon and it hit me drill a larger nossle and maybe add a backpack. If this was done the gun could serve as artillery.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

martianshark

Re: Gorgon Heavy mod

Post by martianshark » Tue May 01, 2012 12:32 pm

This is what I did: Take the smallest nozzle (it's pretty much useless anyway), and find a drill bit that's slightly bigger than it. Drill it in a little, and then pull. The entire nozzle should come right out, leaving you with a 7x hole.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm

If I got one how would I make/add a backpack I don't know how to add one.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 pm

The easiest way would be to remove the reservoir, and connect your backpack directly to the intake tube. This would make the blaster lighter, and put the load on your back. You could also connect the backpack to the reservoir cap so that you have a full reservoir of water, plus even more water on your back. If you do the latter, you have to make sure the connection you make is airtight.

To make a backpack, use a solar shower in a backpack, or a hydration pack, or a backpack from a stock blaster.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed May 02, 2012 7:09 am

Drilling the nozzle to 7X will not make the Gorgon artillery, the drilled nozzle just gives the Gorgon a good shotgun nozzle. CPS1200fann, I don't if the nozzle on your XP 70 can screw off, but that is a great example of a good shotgun blast. My Youtube video of my XP 150 is also a good shotgun blast. Expect that of your Gorgon.

Here's a guide from SSC on making a backpack. The Gorgon already has good capacity, so don't think you really need a backpack though...
http://www.sscentral.org/mods/backpack.html
Grogons are only at Wal-Mart this year, so you'll have to pick yours up there.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 am

I also have a gorgon and Not only did I add a backpack, I made it QFD capable. Thread link in my sig :)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Those are the same quick connector things I found at the 99 cents store. It might be possible for me to do this right now.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Take note that the type of tubing/hose you use can affect how you handle your soaker. A stiffer hose won't fold onto itself and block flow but it may restrict movement. I used a special type of hose designed to curl like a telephone cord.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 am

I've mentioned before, the best connector for the hose end of the QFD is a waterstop connector. From the linked page, it seems that's what you've used, so this is for the benefit of others. Using one of these means you don't have to turn the tap off before disconnecting the blaster, and you don't have to turn it on before connecting it to the blaster. The tap just stays on, ready to connect, but no water comes out of the hose until it is connected to the blaster. Much more like the original QFD's. :D

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 am

On a whim I unscrewed the nozzle selector and test fired and wow the gun gave me recoil :o , I have yet to test range but it is more than the 10' early XP's got and output is 16oz/s in a short (but insanely powerful) shotgun burst. I will soon drill the smallest nozzle out to allow that kind of performance with the selector on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Back in May I took a photo of my Gorgon firing without the nozzle selector. I think I took some stats. As with everything else... will have to dig through my files before I upload it. I may just wait until the Gorgon review is complete. I'm kinda buried under wedding planning, unpacking, and visiting friends and family. Hope to be able to get all this up soon, but most likely case is next month.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 pm

@ Marauder haha, hey marauder! Do not forget about me ;)

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm

GJIV, I have set your guns aside for you. I will be done with all these family events and travelling to see people around December 9th. I will get things in the mail to you that week.

Martianshark, what kind of range did you get on your 7x nozzle?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Which version of the Gorgon is this? HP or AP? The main difference is the HP gorgon has the electronic gauge.

I drilled out the nozzles on my gorgon, you can find pictures in the "recent blaster" thread.
I will have to look at my AP Gorgon... the largest nozzle I drilled seemed to get around 6X.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

AP.