Quick Hose Connector Set

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
martianshark

Quick Hose Connector Set

Post by martianshark » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

I was shopping at the 99 cents store, and found something that connects to your hose and allows you to quickly attach and unattach two pieces. Here's an online link to the same product: http://www.herballoveshop.com/product.asp?PID=83622

This could be really useful. It could be used as a homemade QFD.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Re: Quick Hose Connector Set

Post by atvan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:14 am

Also great for pressurized rockets…

This was what I was going to use if I ever got around to that SCH of mine.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Andrew

Re: Quick Hose Connector Set

Post by Andrew » Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I know it's an old-ish thread, but that's exactly what I used them for! They really do work well as a QFD and as nozzles. If you do make a QFD out of this type of connector, a waterstop connector would make it operate more like a real QFD. The water stop connector has a sort of check valve in it which seals when you turn the tap on, and only opens when a fitting is pushed into it. It will stop the flow of water as soon as you disconnect the hose fitting.

So when you need to refill just plug the waterstop connector into the blaster's connection and it will pressurise it. When it's full, disconnect it. No need to turn the tap on and off constantly.

Usually you get one of each in these packs (waterstop one has a plunger thing with an o-ring, and often has the word 'STOP' somewhere on the connector), but I've added this post to the thread just in-case.