Ultimate Renegade CPS Mod help

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Nitro123PG

Ultimate Renegade CPS Mod help

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Hello community. I am currently trying to swap my Ultimate Renegades PC with my Arctic Blasts' PC. I just want a few pointers before I go plastic ripping. Thanks for any advice, I think this mod will be awesome if it works.

1. Where, in the Arctic Blast, does the PC section end and the trigger begin? The piping will have to sawed.

2. If I'm correct, the PRV won't work, because the UR PRV activates via air pressure in the chamber and the AB PRV activates based on how streached the PC is.

More question will likely be posted, so keep checking back to this thread. Thanks.

martianshark

Re: Ultimate Renegade CPS Mod help

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Arctic Blast bladder won't fit. Try a short length of surgical tubing.

The PRV should work fine.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 am

The bladder should fit if I place it vertically. I'll have to cut into the casing as well, but it should fit.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm

The PC is connected to the gun horizontally. It would require some work to change that.

Also, I meant the barb that's in it right now is way too small for the AB bladder to fit on. You would also need to adapt the size.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey there. I'm back. Thanks to martianshark for the pointers he has provided.

Now, my NEXT question is, see that tube just the left of the Ultimate Renegade's nozzle? That tube used to be in UR AP PC, (Ultimate Renedage Air Pressure Pressure Chamber). Now, if I fit that tubing in the right area in the AB PC, will it still pressurize the bladder?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I think so.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:09 am

Likely, but there's a tiny possibility that the pump inlet is separate from the exit. This is probably only the case of PR's, but you can check by looking for a hole next to the tube. There shouldn't be any, but if there is, you'll probably have to think of another solution.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Well, there is a hole by the PC. There are seperate outlets for the regular nozzle and the riot blast nozzle, so sawing off and epoxying shut the pipe, the AB will have the same outlet and inlet. I was planning on using the riot blast nozzle to hook up to the UR piping, but I guess I'll have to use the standard piping now.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Just an update. I had to cut into the casing to get the AB PC to fit, so I've crossed the point of no return. :goofy:
I'll also have to buy a longer length tube to hook the UR nozzzle to the AB PC. Also, if you look at the previous picture, I've sawed the entire AB from the PC except for a small length of tubing coming from the PC, so that picture is outdated I guess. If all goes well, the mod should be completed by Saturday, and I'll be uploading a video of it firing. I look forward to it. This mod has gone from an experiment to something that could actually turn into a decent water blaster. :)

Just asking again for comfort, the PRV will work... Right? :oo:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Almost certainly. If the PRV gives you trouble, you can disable it, but be careful about how many times you pump it.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 am

Nitro123PG wrote:Just an update. I had to cut into the casing to get the AB PC to fit, so I've crossed the point of no return. :goofy:
I'll also have to buy a longer length tube to hook the UR nozzzle to the AB PC. Also, if you look at the previous picture, I've sawed the entire AB from the PC except for a small length of tubing coming from the PC, so that picture is outdated I guess. If all goes well, the mod should be completed by Saturday, and I'll be uploading a video of it firing. I look forward to it. This mod has gone from an experiment to something that could actually turn into a decent water blaster. :)

Just asking again for comfort, the PRV will work... Right? :oo:
Any we wonder why new members get confused? :goofy:
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 am

Last night I epoxied the Arctic Blast PC the Ultimate Renegade internals, and I tested it out this morning. Sadly, the gun leaked from a small area where the epoxy did not completely seal. I'll have to apply new epoxy this morning and try again tonight.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Update: JB Weld is terrible at sealing, the Ultimate Renegade CPS was leaking as much as my CPS 1000, and that's a lot of leaking. This morning I just ripped it all off and am currently coming up with a better sealing metod. A different epoxy brand?

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Update: Ever make a stupid mistake and not see a crucial detail in a mod until your already half way through it? Well I just did it. :|

http://www.isoaker.com/Tech/Internals/i ... egade.html

I know that's the original Renegade, but the internals are similar. See that wire running across the top of the blaster? Guess where the AB PC is located?

:-x

At least it doesn't leak anymore. :D

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:12 am

It shouldn't be that big a deal to reroute. You could just have a string passing through some small vinyl tubing on the outside to pull the trigger- just have it go right past the PC. I don't think you need a stiff wire here, jsut strongish string.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:48 am

I have never ever had a problem with JB Weld. With that being said, I can't see clearly enough exactly what you're trying to do in order to be able to make a suggestion.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 am

1. I was having JB Weld issues, but no longer. It doesn't leak anymore.

2. This was more of an update than a request for help, but atvan did give a good suggestion there. I have plenty of time today, the weather in Iowa is supposed to be terrible today, so I'm not going outside today.