Hydro Cannon Posible mod

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Hydro Cannon Posible mod

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:58 am

A few months ago a was looking at the hydro canon on isoaker and thought that the pc was resonble but shot time was not then it cliced somone on this site has put pvc at the end. soo what if you put a 3x nossle on it? then shot time would be 2 seconds and range might be beter would it be worth me buying a HC to find out ?

:cool:
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Re: Hydro Cannon Posible mod

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Please see the following threads:
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic5243.html
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic4613.html

Adding a new nozzle to it would be something no one has done so far, at least, I think. I know Duke Soak Em has a Hydrocannon mod coming up this April. I am eager to see what the hydrocannon would do with different nozzles. If I was at home I would experiment with multiple nozzle sizes. So yeah, if I were you I'd totally do it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I thought of that, but they don't make fittings for PEX pipe. I would have to use a hose barb.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:04 pm

marauder4 wrote:Adding a new nozzle to it would be something no one has done so far, at least, I think.
I hope you're kidding, because that's about the most obvious and easiest mod you can do for a HC.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:07 pm

They make fittings for CPVC though…

and to CA99
I don't think I've seen any true nozzles for it actually, excluding jamming CPVC into the front.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:37 pm

CA99 wrote:
marauder4 wrote:Adding a new nozzle to it would be something no one has done so far, at least, I think.
I hope you're kidding, because that's about the most obvious and easiest mod you can do for a HC.
I'm not kidding. It doesn't matter how obvious or easy it is to do. No one has posted about it yet. Mods just aren't about groundbreaking new ideas - though those are great.

I am happy that the community keeps putting out new mods, but I fear that more often than not we do mods just because it's something cool and new and not because it actually improves combat performance or because it gives us further understanding of the way a specific blaster works.

Testing out a hydrocannon with various nozzles and comparing ranges, output, and shot times accordingly can give us a much better idea of the potential of said weapon. The same goes for comparing range output, and shot time of the gun with the original PC vs the replacement.

The fact that trying out various nozzle sizes is so obvious and easy is all the more reason to actually do this mod. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an incredibly analytical anthropology student, but I'd like to put together graphs of performance vs mod chang (ie # of balloons or size of nozzle) for lots of different guns. It would help us understand what leads to ideal levels of performance for each gun.

I don't want to discourage members from trying out new, groundbreaking mods, on the contrary I think those are awesome - but to skip out on trying old mods on new guns is foolish. The whole point of a weapons modification is to increase perfromance and understanding of the weapons platform. If an old, basic mod can give us better performance and greater understanding of a new gun, all the more reason to do it!
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm too lazy and generally don't have the time anyways for extensive nozzle testing, so I usually run with what works well enough. But I think it's perfectly save to assume that a smaller nozzle can get more range out of the HC as well as increased combat effectiveness from the shot time. In the end, combat effectiveness is really all that matters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Um... I have, actually, come up with an interchangeable nozzle system for the HC... And it isn't just sticking CPVC down the front end- I've got a male threaded piece permanently secured to the end of the blaster and I can screw on different nozzle depending on the situation. Maximum shot time I've managed with any decent-sized nozzle is ~1.5 seconds...

Did that whole deal really fall into the depths of the internet so quickly? I know the wiki page isn't particularly specific on how to make the nozzle system, but the thread that started the wiki page does cover it. I dunno that I got pictures but I think I did- I can repost them if necessary.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 pm

You're right! How did I miss that? What is the current range vs the old range?

I am definitely getting a Hydrocannon now, and I'm going to try out different nozzle sizes. You just have one, although it looks to be pretty effective.