Super Soaker Triple Shot - Firing like a big CPS

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
GJIV

Super Soaker Triple Shot - Firing like a big CPS

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi there, my lovely members.

Recently I bought two Super Soaker Triple Shot Waterguns, and I was very impressed and astonished. The nozzle setting is great and the stream is very laminar, best of all is its biggest stream( 5 X:: ? ) which is very powerful and strong with great range!

Well, then I was very depressed by the gun's main problem: THe reservoir is emptied in seconds, using the big stream you get 1 second of shot. In this one second the stream archieves full range and drops off within the second. Leaving someone with two big shots and much pumps. Well, this is a great sidearm or for a fast and heavy attack. But that is it and then you have to refill and pressurize again... -.-

But the nozzle selector and the big nozzle were so interesting to me, so I planed a modification on it. After a little work, I finished:

In Short I was doing a big PR-Expansion, the simple solution to the whole problem!

Firing video:

View My Video

NOTE: Gun is not empty but at this point pressurize is starting to drop off. Time to pump in air^^

May get better shots with 3/4 filled gun as you can pump in more air --> leading to a even better CPS character; The gun does even have a recoil now :goofy:

datas: Reservoir was expanded to over 1500 ml

Firing time on big nozzle: Over 8 seconds( over 5 seconds of steady stream at a range of more than 10 metres)

It is very impressiv, what you can get out of this small gun! Haha, while being very kompact and small, you can run and evade very quickly and then give your aim the full power of water! Pressure is great, power is exciting!

Get a triple shoot, do a small modification and beat up even big CPS users! Doing a fast attack may leave someone drained a little bit but then you can soak with full power and waterstream size! Nobody will think this of this "stupid and weak" Triple shot!

Great thing in less than one hour ;)

Besides, easy to reconstruct the original gun if wished. No reason for this though as the performance is more than 3 times better ;D
Last edited by GJIV on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

martianshark

Re: Super Soaker Triple Shot - Firing like a big CPS

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Wow.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 pm

That's very impressive. What kinda range are you getting with that? I have just one concern, the mod makes the gun very top heavy and awkward. When I used an SS 200 reservoir for my 100's firing chamber on my SS 210 mod it vastly improved shot time, but it was also more awkward, and it kinda gets in the way. I don't like that.

But everyone has their own likes/dislikes, and you've definitely improved performance. Nice.

6 points - post a new mod you performed, cannot be previously documented
+1 points per photo (5 pts maximum) x3 for 3 photos
+2 points per movie
11 points for GJIV
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 pm

marauder4 wrote:That's very impressive. What kinda range are you getting with that? I have just one concern, the mod makes the gun very top heavy and awkward.
This was something I worried about too, but when pressure increases the whole thing is getting very hard and stable. The gun has a good feeling and it is no problem with handling, also the gun is not really top heavy, even less than the SS 300 I would guess! You can also just fill the gun itself with water and use the rest of the Reservoir as a "Air-Tank". This way you can easily fire out the whole original 480 ml out of the gun in some seconds without a drop-off! The bigger the pressurized air-vlume, the more CPS character a Air-Pressure weapons gets :)

I would not suggest to fill the whole system with water, leaving no place for air. 3/4 water and 1/4 air is fine !

Range is something between 10 and 12 metres, for the first seconds you can easily hold pair with the CPS 2500 :) Keep in mind that shoot time of the CPS 2500 is also just some seconds^^ And we are talking about a small triple shoot :D
marauder4 wrote: But everyone has their own likes/dislikes, and you've definitely improved performance. Nice.

6 points - post a new mod you performed, cannot be previously documented
+1 points per photo (5 pts maximum) x3 for 3 photos
+2 points per movie
11 points for GJIV
What is this ? Do I get point on the Marauder scale ? :goofy:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Remember the isoaker league? Now we have one for wwn:
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/wwn_wi ... net_League
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Hm... This is from isoaker ? or who is organising this ? Do we have a physical prize ? :goofy:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 pm

This is the WWN league, it is for the league, anyone can tally up their points based off the rules. Prizes are still being determined.