spray on K mod?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
TheSoaker

spray on K mod?

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 pm

ok so a saw this on TV last night https://www.getflexseal.com/?tag=im|sm| ... d=a4cc8494 it's rubber in a can! Lets say your'e in a battle and theres someone you wanna hit with your CPS but you can't hit him and he is hevaly armed. what do you do? you take cover disasemble your gun and spray the rubber onto the bladder. does anyone want to try it?
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

isoaker

Re: spray on K mod?

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Hmm.. spray-on-rubber... sounds somewhat questionable (in many ways) if you ask me! :goofy:

While it may be good for sealing cracks and leaks, not sure whether it will actually provide improved elastic power. In fact, I'd be concerned that it may actually reduce elasticity, hardening the rubber bladder it is sprayed on. Of course, would need to be tested, but I won't hold my breath (and I won't be subjecting any of my blasters to that sort of experimenting). If anyone wants to buy a can of this stuff (and has other uses for it), may wish to try it on some rubber balloons before trying a real water blaster's PC.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 am

Someone else try it... let me know if it works. I am not willing to try this myself. Thanks for bringing it up though, it's always good to at least look into new areas.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

My concerns align with iSoaker's in that it would reduce power by hardening and restricting the original bladder. And if this is true, the mod is not reversible, wasting a CPS bladder. These bladders are not common, and there is really nothing wrong with the original k-mod. In the end, I don't think this mod is worth the risk, but if one REALLY wanted to try it out one could make a spherical bladder using ballons, and see what happens. Maybe it will actually work...

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 am

The biggest problem I see is making it even
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Why not put a single balloon on the bladder first? A single balloon will have no large impact on power and will make it a simple process to remove this stuff.

8)

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

ok ill go to the hardware store sometime and get some someday soon.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 pm

^
Make sure to tell us the results of this new mod. Like Jeffman said, make sure to put one balloon over the bladder before you spray so this mod is removable. I would still just stick with a regular K-mod, however...

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am

Jeffman3 wrote:Why not put a single balloon on the bladder first? A single balloon will have no large impact on power and will make it a simple process to remove this stuff.

8)

The best ideas are often the most simple... brilliant. I am actually rather eager to see how this turns out.

Please take pictures.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

well in the video someone takes a sheet of it and bends it to show that it is flexible so it might work.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 pm

But possibly not elastic…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Hm...quite interesting thing :) But I am not sure wheather this can STAND PRESSURE. Which is important when sealing up broken inner mechanics.

Unavailable here in europe though, so I can just wait for the guy who has a try :D ( hei this is kind of a word game, haha)

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm

This stuff looks good for repair lol. Not sure if it could stand pressure, but could likely be a good repair for non-pressure reservoir leaks and what not.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat