Hydro Cannon 2500 FF - 04/04/2012

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DukeSoakem

Hydro Cannon 2500 FF - 04/04/2012

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello, just a quick heads up. If anybody saw my Hydro Cannon 2500 mod last year (I integrated a CPS 2500 PC and casing into the Hydro Cannon), then you might remember that in the conclusion I mention that I am still not finished with it, and that there were certain areas I wanted to make better.

I got about half of what I planned to do done last year just before winter came, in which since then it sat disassembled in pieces for a while until I got back the energy and ideas to complete the rest of what I needed to do. In the last few weeks I have been working on finishing it off, a few mistakes as well as changes to what I originally planned to do in some areas were made on the way as I was quite in the dark on this, however I have it finished to the point where I will no longer be doing anything else to it.

All will be revealed on the date mentioned, with a guide to what I did. I also have some shot videos. I hope you enjoy the final version of my take on the Hydro Cannon when it comes to modding it over the past year or so. For now though, the blurred picture of the final product can keep you wondering.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Hydro Cannon 2500 FF - 04/04/2012

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 pm

I am really excited for this, glad to see Duke still putting up some good groundbreaking material, with that good oldschool comic style.

BTW what was your former alias? I know you're a veteran to the community.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks, not long to go now until this bit of material is unveiled.

Before DukeSoakem, it was Aqua_Flash and then before that originally it was Wild Boys. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that all that was 7 years ago when I started.

To keep things going if not already seen, here's the video of the first Hydro Cannon 2500 mod that is finished:
http://www.dukesoakem.com/hydrocannon2500video.html

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 pm

That's awesome. Doesn't look like you changed the nozzle size though. I've got a guess at what you did, but I'll wait for the official post. By the time I get home in May I'm going to have a lot of dif Hydrocannon mods to combine into one.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks. That video was from the first Hydro Cannon mod I did last year, just entitled Hydro Cannon 2500, not of the new version that I am still yet to release anything picture/video wise on.

I'll give one little thing out though, and on this latest and final version of my take on the blaster, I did do something on the nozzle, as well as mention as few little extra bits you may want to try. You'll find out soon anyway!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

That's some crazy output over there. This thing is going to be killer with a nozzle designed for range. The riot blast is already pretty great.

Did you just leave the 2500 PC in it without expanding the space for it?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:38 am

CA99 wrote:That's some crazy output over there. This thing is going to be killer with a nozzle designed for range. The riot blast is already pretty great.

Did you just leave the 2500 PC in it without expanding the space for it?
I wish it was that simple, however I had to do a fair bit of trimming and internal reshaping in order for the 2500 PC to fit in properly once closed. It is all explained here.

Again, this is the old first set of mods I did last year when I launched the site, the new 2500 FF is still under wraps until the date mentioned.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:31 pm

The reason I asked if you had to gut out some internals was because I couldn't quite tell what you did just from the video. Nice job though; the only reason I ever wanted an HC was because it looks fairly fun to mod. (With the exception of having to make your own PC case work out and having to grind the case about.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 am

I think it's safe to say that DukeSoakem has boldly gone where no modder has gone before. I love your table of stats for comparison. Glad to see the nice improvement. Love all the pictures and video too.
Oh, and you seriously need to come to one of the community wars this year.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

^Very nice modifications! The whole thing is screaming for a paint job though, don't ya think?
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't know man, I think the stock look is pretty hot on the Hydrocannon.

I would keep it stock for backyard brawls or if I mainly fought at school or in some other area. If I knew I was going to use it in woods battles I would do a gillie cover instead: http://hydrowar.com/modsghillie.html I'm going to keep my PPB stock colors but add a gillie cover to it along with a few other awesome things that I hope to get to show you in May.

But that's the great thing about aesthetic modding! It's all about personalization. It would be boring if everyone used the same gun and painted it the same way. This is one of my favorite all time paint jobs, even if it is a little messy:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Very impressive!! Almost inspired me to buy a Hydro Cannon, but I won't.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks for all the positives, I'm glad you liked it.

I was considering painting it, however this time I decided to leave it as it is, as after looking at all different color combo's, I actually liked the stock color as it was enough over changing it. There is another blaster I will be painting soon, well, more touching up. Nothing special, but something none the less which I'll show.

I've got to open the blaster up again anyhow before I decide to sell/trade it as said in the conclusion, all that modding and firing/testing it a fair bit has worn down the spring on the outside that opens the ball valve so I'll be replacing that with a new spring.

As fun as those community wars sound, I'm basically at the otherside of the pond being from the UK, so I'm afraid I won't be there, unless I stumble upon a load of cash!