most badass custom nerf/supersoaker thunderstorm blasters

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
sirsoaksalot

most badass custom nerf/supersoaker thunderstorm blasters

Post by sirsoaksalot » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:33 pm

features: red dot scope and custom paint

Features: laser pointer (under barrel), Flash light (on right side of blaster), barrel wrap and sling, custom paint.

two fully automatic super soaker thunderstorms heavily modified.
These speak for themselves...

TheColton

Re: most badass custom nerf/supersoaker thunderstorm blasters

Post by TheColton » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Are there any internal mods?

If you are going to use this in a war make sure the scope, flashlight and laser are watertight.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am

Those are some good cosmetic mods, but it's not what I would call "heavily" modded - you didn't do any power/voltage modifications.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 am

Looks awesome for a movie or RP. Not sure what else they'd be useful for.

Do you plan on painting over the conspicuous orange part of the magazine in the second picture?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

sirsoaksalot

Post by sirsoaksalot » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:58 am

ha thanks for the tips, pretty new to the forum... today actually. this was actually just a project me and a friend did and were so proud of our success we posted to a forum, little did we know we had just stumbled into something fantastic, sadly, there is no tutorials on how to mod this particular water gun online, any vids of similar gun tuts or any help would make me wet (pun). thanks

sirsoaksalot

Post by sirsoaksalot » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 am

no, i liked how you could see the water level left in the clip through the translucent orange plastic thats otherwise covered up by paint. it kinda does look like a batman gun IMO.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 am

Considering that there is not much you could have done to easily improve the performance of this gun, I think that these aesthetic modifications are great. Fantastic paintjob!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 am

This is a great paintjob! Nicely done! Granted, these days, I wouldn't recommend using it out in public as some people and various law enforcement personnel may sadly consider it a mock firearm or worse, mistake it for a real one and act accordingly.

BTW, welcome to the iSoaker.net Forums!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm

o well...I am quite SURE there is not much I can get out of this thunderstorm weapon...the hydrocannon was hard to change into a useful gun but here I do not have much chance...

Hey isoaker, do you have any internal pics of the Water Warrior Scorpion ? esspecially the pump ? I am planing to get a electric water gun up...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 pm

GJIV wrote:o well...I am quite SURE there is not much I can get out of this thunderstorm weapon...the hydrocannon was hard to change into a useful gun but here I do not have much chance...

Hey isoaker, do you have any internal pics of the Water Warrior Scorpion ? esspecially the pump ? I am planing to get a electric water gun up...
The Scorpion? Great blaster, but I've got no internal pics. Can't get any at the moment, either, since that blaster is in deep storage so no easy access to it at the moment.

Back to the Thunderstorm, apart from making it look awesome, there's really not much room in there to make it perform better. Better for role-playing than for actual water wars, unfortunately.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

If you are going to use this in a war make sure the scope, flashlight and laser are watertight.
If your going to use this in a war, better practice running. :p

Hasbro hate aside, nice paint job. DX will be happy to see others painting their guns. (now you just have to get a CPS 2100)
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:31 pm

The Thunderstorm appears to have good room for converting to a Nerf or other projectile shooter. It might also work as a backpack blaster, where you have a pressurized backpack and replace the Thunderstorm's internals with a simple ball valve/trigger system. Tricky to do, but the result could be interesting. Obviously, there's no room in its internals to fit much of anything else.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

supersoakthatho

Post by supersoakthatho » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Here's my theory. (And I'm not sure if it's been done, it probably has).

On a peristaltic pump, there is a rotor which pushes water out of the tube on full-auto water guns.

Do you guys think that if I make the tube under the rotor thicker and the tubing in the barrel thinner it will yet increase distance and pressure?
This should work in theory unless there's something I'm missing. A fairly easy mod too.

Along with a voltage increase I think this will make this weapon a more efficient weapon for actual wars.

supersoakthatho

Post by supersoakthatho » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 pm

On the other hand, a bigger tube in general would be just as or more effective. :D

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 am

Not sure what good that would do. With a clamp there, it would only restrict flow. Best way to have it is to have the pump go directly to the nozzle. High flow is ideal for everything behind the nozzle.

However, the thunderstorm's pump or motor is probably too weak to be effective. A voltage increase won't do that much; it's like trying to turn a moped into a drag racer.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

supersoakthatho

Post by supersoakthatho » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 am

So what I'm understanding is...I should invest $100s in a new motor and 16.8v battery and deck this bad-boy out? Alright. Sweeeet!

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

Even with mods, you're probably not going to get anywhere near useful range.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

sirsoaksalot

Post by sirsoaksalot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

supersoakthatho wrote:So what I'm understanding is...I should invest $100s in a new motor and 16.8v battery and deck this bad-boy out? Alright. Sweeeet!
haha yes!! and make a tut vid

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:06 pm

The cheapest solution that'll make it powerful is to just turn it into a backpack gun and have the backpack container hold all the pressure. I don't think peristaltic piston pumpers have been experimented with much and even then, you need a good water source if you want it to be powerful.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

XCALIBR8

Post by XCALIBR8 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 am

I really like the paint jobs on these. I agree that the Thunderstorm isn't too useful in a traditional water war, but these just look cool. Reminds me of the pre-Super Soaker days of the mid 80's. I got a Thunderstorm just for fun as it was a reminder of the good old days of Entertech and Zapit! guns. Nice work!
"On those occasions, when you need to make a big splash, there's the Super Soaker 100!"
current arsenal:
1. Water Warriors Gorgon
2. Super Soaker XP 65
3. SS Max D 3000 (x2)
4. Water Warriors Titan (x2)
5. Super Soaker Splashfire