Super Soaker 300 Z - Customized SS300

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:17 am

I bought a couple of weeks ago a SS300 blaster, since I misplaced my first SS300 blaster but still had the backpack. After it arrived, I realized that that I misplaced the hose to. So I decided to give the blaster a tank.

Basicaly I used a plastic kitty litter tank, a shampo bottle and spray can caps to attach the tank to the SS300. Then I gave it a paint job via ZOCCOZ colours and done. Granted, it leaks abit, but it goes directly to the floor and not me.

New stats of the Super Soaker 300 Z:

output: 6-7X
shot time: 6-8 seconds till severe drop off
pumps: 18-22
distance: 45-50 feet(had the same projectile angle like the CPS2000)
resovior capacity: 9-10 Litre

Movie: http://media.putfile.com/Super-Soaker-300-Z

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:37 pm

Nice 'Franken'-soaker! How well secured is the reservoir on there? I'd assume that carrying a fully loaded soaker just by the front blaster portion would probably result in a reservoir failure.

As well, did you make use of the SS300's tobing to help draw water from the reservoir or is it drawing water simply through the opening at the back of the blaster?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:11 pm

Having the water being sucked out of the tank was abit tricky, since I didn't want to cut open the tank so much. If I still would have the connector hose, it would have been alot easier, but then I might wouldn't have done the tank mod in the first place I think. I drilled a small hole near the bottom of the tank, then shoved the shampo bottle in. The soaker was then connected to the shampoo bottle. In other words the shampoo bottle had to serve as a hose replacement. The soaker itself is very well secured to the tank due to the added support of the spray paint caps. I used 60% of a Plumbers Goob glue tube to glue everything together.
The sling I have on it right now is purely on the tank handle. So there won't be any stress on the soaker when carring it.

The mod in many ways was somewhat of a "MacGyver" job, since I only used random material around the house. The only thing I bought was the glue. So quite an affordable mod I would say.