Vindicator Idea (Bipod)

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
teamfear

Vindicator Idea (Bipod)

Post by teamfear » Thu May 28, 2009 9:07 pm

I am thinking of putting a bipod on my vindicator to make it more of a support weapon. I think i will attach it near the nozzels. I want it to be removable though. Has anyone every made a homemade bipod. I think I will need to wrap something around the vindicator like a leather belt but it would have to be way stronger so I can mount two legs on it. Also does anyone know if i can order replacment caps for water warriors guns because I am also planning on making a Water warriors back pack from an aqua pak and a cap.

Thanks,

Silence

Re: Vindicator Idea (Bipod)

Post by Silence » Thu May 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Send them an email and see what they say. B)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 am

IMO, bipods wouldn't be too useful. First, you could just mount the gun on a surface; the real purpose of a bipod on real guns is to provide accuracy (which is not needed in water warfare), and more importantly, a bipod will limit your mobility considerably. Third, any useful bipod must be able to swivel. (meaning the bipods on the nerf longshot and monster XL are fairly useless, though they do provide relief for tired hands) The Vindicator is more of a mobility type of gun and I don't think mounting it in any way is a good idea.

Of course, if you still want a bipod, go right ahead. However, I don't think any good homemade bipod designs (i.e. a bipod that locks onto the blaster and can swivel on itself) have been created so I really wouldn't know what to do.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Fri May 29, 2009 9:58 am

The idea does sound very interesting. I would go out right now and make a bipod for my CPS 2500 if a soaker n00b hadn't gone and broken it.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 12:10 pm

I see your point about the vindicator being a mobility blaster CA 99, as you proably have larger guns than I. I never though of it having to swivel so thanks for bringing that up. I will send them an email about the caps. @Steel_boot the reason I want a bipod is because the vindicator isn't meant to be used as a rifle as it is not shoulder fired. The CPS 2500 is longer but it is meant to be shoulder fired. I think the Vindicator resembles a vickers machine gun as its cylinder like appreance makes it look like it has a water cooling jacket on it. It is too underpowered to be mounted on a tripod (useless too) but it could be made to look like a lewis gun if it had a bipod and a cosmetic pancake mag.