My Flash Flood... Nuts

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
teamfear

My Flash Flood... Nuts

Post by teamfear » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Earlier this week I was rumaging through my soakers when I came across my friends broken flash flood (Max D leak... typical). So I opened It up taking out the screws and cutting the glue (this took one and a half hours) and put a rubber band on the flood nozzels spring to reinforce it. Then I sawed off the Pressure Chamber and lined the pressure chamber with about 25 thick rubber bands and two bike tubes. I closed It up and tried it out (Yes, in winter). I shot the the flood nozzle on flat ground on a 35 degree angle and boy was I supprised. The mesurment was 14 metre, 15 to the last drop with a splash mark double the size of my friends CPS 1500. The normal nozzel shot about 12 metres at the same angle so I am proud to say I have completed a very insane mod. It is now a compact cannon as it has the range of a cannon but its 40 cm long. Also I did no valuve freeze mods or pc expansion. I just put the chamber case back on.
I may try to get pictures tommorow if I can use my moms camera (Videos Too)

Thanks

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: My Flash Flood... Nuts

Post by HBWW » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 am

I'd suggest dropping the rubber bands because they create uneven pressure on the chamber, causing certain parts to wear out faster than others and creating weak points. In any CPS, weak points are always the first to rupture after long use, thus rubber banding the chamber is not a good idea, especially in the long run.

Good to hear the results though. I haven't had much luck dealing with my old FF's triggers; they've always been having problems. I believe I have a good solution for the main one; I de-Max-D'd it (try saying that out loud), but the flood trigger is still screwy... -_- Oh well, I'll get to it after I repair some more important soakers. (such as some of the CPS line stuff around)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 am

Dang... nice.

As a nUb a couple summers ago, I once attempted a mod on a friend's STE FF. I had found a guide on some website and thought it would be easy. I dedicated an entire afternoon to my mod, and I wasn't even able to open it. One question: Did you neatly wrap the PC with rubber bands (each right next to another, layered) or put them on messily?

If they're on messily, it's supposed to screw up the pressure.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:23 am

It doesn't matter whether they're on neatly or disorganized. They're layering over each other is always going to be imperfect and the gaps between the bands will cause small weak points. Even if you layer the bands over each other, the pressure being exerted is still uneven amongst the tube. Just stack on some more tubes/LRT.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:26 pm

in a hurry. Pics tommorow. Found camera.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:05 pm

I should forewarn, don't expect any Max-D repairs to last long at all. The rubber bands will break eventually due to the uneven stress on them from the Max-D systems. Eventually both the bands and springs will wear out together. At least none of the springs are broken, finding bands w/ the right tension isn't easy. I haven't finished a solution to my flood nozzle, but the de-Max-D-ing worked successfully.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:34 pm

My pump snapped, i am trying to get the part stuck in the tube out so I can fix it. I took a bunch of pictures of my guns and stuff but cannot go on today either much. When I fix the pump pics will vbe up with shot videos.

teamfear

Snapped Pump

Post by teamfear » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 pm

I am trying to fix my pump but I cannot retrive the o ring as I said eariler. It is a good two thirds of the way down the tube. I have tryed needle nose plyers, suction and trying to attach it to the pump from inside with hot glue. I am thinking of sawing the pump chamber to get it out and expoying it back on. Will this work? I would appriceate insight because I must fix this gun which I spent hours modding.
Thanks,

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Sawing the tube off sounds extreme. Find a small wire, bend one end, and pull the O-ring out. Pipe cleaners work but stiffer wire works better.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Well Its not quite just an o ring. It is really in there good. It has the o ring and its holder stuck there. I may try to use suction and make a new pump to pump it out.

Pictures
Before I broke it
another veiw
The Internals
The PC (2 tubes 1 layer of bands
screws used in the gun with a screw driver and other things
My trusty screwdriver, used to open all my nerf and water guns (Its magnetic)
The pump, there is an inch of space between where the o ring and broken off part is and the check valves

I manged to get one video in but the pump snapped after. The shot doesnt go straight because i couldnt handle the recoil that time and It was only pumped 15 times.

http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... 05_MVI.flv

Thanks,