Max Infusion Backpack

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Verok

Max Infusion Backpack

Post by Verok » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 pm

I just bought a max infusion backpack and an Arctic Blast.The tube on the backpack kinks a lot and it feels soft.Is there any way to strengthen or mod the backpack so it doesn't kink,break or make it fill the blaster better?
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

isoaker

Re: Max Infusion Backpack

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:19 am

If you want to reinforce the tubing, there are only a couple of options that come to mind. The first is tubing reinforcement using tape. Basically, along the lines of what people do with hockey sticks or even their ankles/wrists to reinforce it, take some gauze or fabric-type tape and wrap the tubing up in it, spiraling the tape along the tubing. Do note that if you choose to do this, this will definitely stiffen the tubing, thus making it less flexible. However, it will not absolutely prevent kinking; the taped tubing can still end up kinking if too much force is still applied to it. The amount of stiffening of the tubing depends on how much you overlap the gauze or tape along the tubing. Other than that, the only other thing to do would be to replace the tubing altogether with something more flexible, but that really depends on whether you really wish to take that route. Potentially good tubing which is very flexible and less prone to kinking would be good, think-wall soft rubber or latex tubing, but I'm not sure about availability or costs of such things.

Side note: regarding your first Super Soaker, it was likely a Super Soaker XP85 Triple Shot. While the one reviewed on iSoaker.com has an opaque reservoir, there is also another variant with a clear green reservoir and black nozzle ends.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:58 am

You might have some success cutting the tubing and sticking a piece of simple vinyl tubing between the two segments. Go to a home improvement or hardware store and buy some vinyl tubing that's the same size as the tubing in the Max Infusion backpack, 2 tube couplers (should be next to the tubing), and 4 hose clamps (again, should be next to the tubing). This will allow you to lengthen the tube, alleviating any kinks.

Tape should help too, but I think extending the tube would work better.

Verok

Post by Verok » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 am

I tried taping it and it doesn't kink now,thanks for the tip.
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Verok wrote:I tried taping it and it doesn't kink now,thanks for the tip.
Glad to hear it! Would you be willing to take a picture of your repair job and share it with the group?

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: