what can you do with broken guns? - let me count the ways...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
dandoodatrite

Post by dandoodatrite » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:27 pm

1. If the nozzle on a gun is rubbish, replace it with one that was off a broken gun, I am going to do taht with the XP 310 from the triple shot that broke

2. Better refill cap or even a quick refill cap! screw off and screw on, simple.

3. If you can, try modding the pump handle. I know some are weak and also hard to pump without it bending, just simply replace the whole pump system if the two are compatible.

4. If you need to repair, usually something just slips off or snaps. You can use epoxy glue to stick snapped things and if somethign has slipped off, put it back.

5. Tanks, try connecting another tank, then you'll have 2!!

6. You can finally, use the pipes and pump system to create a super water balloon launcher (SUPER)

Thats all I got for now,

ohh whoops, and if it has a pressure meter, try connecting it with the old pipe and some epoxy glue. :)

Edited By dandoodatrite on 1154302086
Think Different. Think Midget

MIDGETS OWN WATERFIGHTS
they are stealthy :D

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 pm

The better fix for a broken nozzle is the Multi-Nozzle Mod. You get any range of nozzles from that.

If the reservoir breaks, do a reservoir expansion, which is actually easier than and yields better capacity prospects than attaching another stock reservoir.

Stock internals are not powerful enough for a water balloon launcher. You need at least 60 PSI to get a balloon to fly a decent [250-350ft] range.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

dandoodatrite

Post by dandoodatrite » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:22 am

yeah, that what i meant, im gonna use the triple shot head (it has 3 functions)
Thanks for the tip, although im sure if i try creating a barrel that connects to a water bomb with no knot, then the air goes straight to the balloon, and when your ready, let balloon go and it should fly, although a lot of water may leave the bomb, meaning that it possibly wont break, i really need to do some prototype designing!

Thanks for the edits dude
Think Different. Think Midget

MIDGETS OWN WATERFIGHTS
they are stealthy :D

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:43 pm

The Multi-Nozzle Mod involves making your own nozzle from endcaps and using them on an adaptor attached to where the stock nozzle was. This allows you to use infinate nozzle settings there. I would save your triple shot selector and instead do this easy, 5 minute, no glue required mod.

Multi-Nozzle Mod

As for the water balloon "launcher", I don't think the range will be all that good. It will also spit water into your own lines. Compressed air is the most popular method of powering a launcher for a reason.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers