Trigger Valve Replacement

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:14 pm

I am currently attempting three trigger valve replacements. One on a CPS 21K, one on a CPS 11K, and one on a CPS 10K. The chance of success with this repair is a toss-up, whereas with most repairs it is high. They might all work or fail, I have no idea. Regardless, I will write an article with pictures about this still undocumented repair.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:51 pm

Undocumented? No, others have done this and explained it.

Either way, I doubt you'll run into problems on any of these guns. Focus on removing the old trigger valve completely and modifying the case to work from there. The ball valve can be put externally. I simply found a way to attach the PC to a PVC coupler, attached the tubing to the PVC tee, and then attached the ball valve and nozzle assembly. Simple.

Image of the finished product: http://www.sscentral.org/images/dscn0373.jpg

Note that the tubing is barely long enough to meet the barb, in fact, it is a little too short and the folding impedes flow. I would suggest using a tubing coupler to extend the length if you choose to make the tube exit the side.