My Next Mod Project - Inspired by XN

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:37 pm

I was feeling nostalgic and decided to do some digging in the ancient ruins of Soakerdom. What I unearthed was somewhat shocking and/or enlightening. 4-6 years ago, a certain individual explained how to obtain power beyond the simple k-mod. I was going in the right direction when I got into PC Swapping Integrations. However, what I didn't know was that you're supposed to go even further! Basically, one message of that certain individual lives on today in grand fashion, but some others have been totally forgotten. The k-mod was just one step. This person not only layed the groundwork for going further, he physically did! He made a gun more powerful than the CPS 2000, an unheard-of accomplishment in his time.

My next mod project is to recreate the ultimate modded gun of XN. What he did probably puts all my other modded guns to shame. I am going to make the "12,000/1000" and bring history back to life. Plus with the modern tech we have available today. XN mentions the nozzle sizing being a problem. We can fix that and optimize the nozzle size today. XN used 40 or 60 balloons to k-mod, we can go higher today.

This is going to involve more than just putting a 12K pc in a 1000. All of the internals must be swapped, if possible. The resulting gun must have the 12K check valve, easy if the full internals will fit. This of course also requires a CPS 1200 and 1000, guns which I don't have. Therefore, this project may take a while, since I don't know where I'm going to be able to find said guns. They are rather rare, even on Ebay. I will be observing XN's theory of HPL, or high pressure limit.

This is not well-documented, so help would be much appreciated! :cool:

The original article [note how advanced it is for its time!]:

Different Kinds of Power.

One could assume that specific power is specific power, and essentially, it remains constant, a form of energy that is described as always being uniform. However, through different applications, the same power can be harnessed to work in different ways, so essentially, it is not the power that changes, but the way it is applied. The reason for the title is to allow for easier understanding, but by this last paragraph, I may have lost everyone in it. Onto the element.
Power can be harnessed in many ways. It can be harnessed to limit it, or to totally let it do its own agenda, however, you will see the specific factors effecting what I am explaining. Most recently, I have pulled out an old dormant experiment of mine, the CPS-12000/1000, perhaps not unique in theory, but unique in actually design and application. This experiment, 12000/1000, includes a combined number of factors that allow for it to achieve what I am going to describle, not just one change. Basically, the whole design of the project was to design a modify a blaster to fire as hard or harder than the CPS-2000. But what is hard? What does that describe? What does it mean to you?
To many, it means distance. Surely the most common misconception is that the farther the distance, the more power applied. However, this is wrong, and I will prove it(I hope I am right here!) Basically, the 12000/1000 has been power-modded, not only to the main pressure structure, but the entire weapon being tuned to allow for the stresses of higher performance. Then the CPS-2000. The CPS-2000 in this experiment is the constant, firing 50-55 ft. with a 20X stream. The 12000/1000 cannot be the constant because I have no documentation yet of it's true caliber. The first test was a distance test. First, since the CPS-2000 is the unnoficial victor, is fired first to allow the 12000/1000 to 'step up' to it. The weapon was fired at a 45 degree angle and the huge stream rained down on concrete. Its distance was noted. Next, the 12000/1000 was tested in the exact same manner, same start, same angle, and fired. The majority of the stream fell about 5-7 feet behind the 2000s. Next, a raw power velocity test. This test is performed in a opened garage to shield it from the side wind. I took the 2000, and held it level against the groud, and fired. Its distance was noted. Then, taking the 12000/1000, under the same conditions, same start, level ground, and fired. The stream moved past the resting place of the 2000's and fell 7 feet ahead of it. It completely caught me off guard. What does this tell me? I am not sure yet, other than many factors affected the difference: 1. Power

CPS-2000-High power weapon rated beyond 26 psi
12000/1000-undetermined

No comparison available. -this is what we are trying to find out!

Nozzle system- This is where the true difference lies.

CPS-2000-20X nozzle rating, no tube style nozzle opening, mesh wired

CPS-12000/1000 9x estimated(talking in size), no tube style nozzle, mesh wired.

The effects-The CPS-2000 produces a lobbing of 20x water stream that has enough momentum to carry it far distances.
The 12000/1000 has a smaller nozzle that can't 100% handle the power being delivered, therefore breaking up the stream and causing less distance.

One thing out of this whole test that was plainly obvious-The 12000/1000 has a MUCH higher nozzle velocity than the CPS-2000. In other words, it delivers it's water quicker, but distance does have an effect on velocity. It seems natural that the faster the water is traveling, the faster the stream will be to break up. So slow the water down by giving it a larger nozzle. Then what do we have? The CPS-2000, a more focused stream able to travel greater distances without breaking up, but without the lightning speed it had before. This acticle deals alot about nozzle size control, and hopefully give you a better understanding about how your gun works. So what do you want out of your soaker? Greater distance? Greater water surface area? Lightning quick response? A conserving stream? There are so many options. You can now custom tune your gun without altering it in any other way. Perhaps this is the secret behind the old tradition of drilling out the nozzle, and many just accept it as a reasonable mod without undertanding its true potential or effects. Now, you must understand that nozzle size control is a balance. If you want more of this, you will have to sacrifice that. Sometimes changing raw power is required to bring about the desired effect since the tailored nozzle design might work only specifically with higher power systems. So we now know that the the different types of power is really the different types of ways power can be applied.
Next time you decide you want to adjust your stream to fit your needs, know that the what you change has a dramatic emphasis on performance, and not only know it, but USE it to your advantage. Find the balance that is right for you, and custom tune your soaker to fit YOU.

Edited By Duxburian on 1150422215
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:00 pm

XN... now there's an alias I'm sad not to see around much anymore. He definitely did some great soaker experimentation back-in-the-day. Good luck with this newer project, though I suppose the first trick is to get your hands on functional starting blasters.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:21 pm

Ok, without making myself sound like too much of an idiot, I'm gonna go ahead and ask the question that's been burning me up for weeks: What's the big deal with PC-swapping? I can't imagine that spherical PCs differ in quality between generations...so why do it? What advantage does it give?

I'm probably just missing something basic, but I'm honestly stumped.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:49 pm

XN chased it for the high pressure limit theory, among other things. I chase it for the powerup that it can yield. A simple integration makes a gun act like it's been lightly k-modded. So wouldn't it be logical that integrating and then k-modding would give you a boost over the normal k-modded gun? Of course I have yet to prove this since I have no working internals for my 11K pc.

But if XN saw value in incorporating this into his work, then there is more to it. I'm not sure what yet.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Adrian wrote:Ok, without making myself sound like too much of an idiot, I'm gonna go ahead and ask the question that's been burning me up for weeks: What's the big deal with PC-swapping? I can't imagine that spherical PCs differ in quality between generations...so why do it? What advantage does it give?

I'm probably just missing something basic, but I'm honestly stumped.

Adrian

Actually, I wonder this myself. I still don't see what the big deal is. If anything, the only reason you might see a "power-up" by switching the PC of a water gun with another is because one PC was slightly stronger to begin with and would be stronger regardless of which water gun it is in. One water gun also might have a smaller nozzle or different nozzle setup which would make it appear that there is a power boost.

Of course, there apparently is something to it. I was under the impression that XN switched the PCs because he didn't want to K-mod a second PC and in fact only wanted to use the CPS 1000's body, but I could be wrong. I don't think he saw a performance boost over the CPS 12000, in fact, he said that it "fired exactly like my 12000."

It might be worth a shot to email XN for a little more information on this project, Duxburian.

Edited By Doom on 1150588772

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:04 pm

XN wrote that he especially needed the 12000 check valve in keeping with his HPL theory. If not for power, the 12000 pc would make sense since it would be a pain to split the internals and glue the new halves together.

The 12000/1000 and 12000 fired the same, but XN admitted that there was a variable. He left the 12000/1000 charged for an entire night by accident, and says that might have weakened the pc. Since there was no control in his "experiment" he did not come to a solid conclusion on the power comparison.