Flash Flood: Collossus Type Mod - A cheaper altrernative to Inner Tubes

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:28 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has used 12 or 9 inch balloons to Collossus their FF. I just put some 12 inch ballons on today, and I'm in the process of putting it back together. Hopefully it won't blow up in my face, but I won't know until I try, now will I? I'll post my results later.
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:00 pm

Balloons are only used for the k-mod witch can only be done to soakers with spherical pc's. For collosusing you will need to layer bike innertubes over the pc.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Thing is, the Flash Flood's CPS-chamber is small. If a bunch of 12" balloons can be properly stretched over the PC, it should work. Of course, being much thinner, it'd take many layers of balloons to significantly increase the available pressure compared to inner-tubing.

K-modding and collossusing are, in principle, the same type of modification. Both use an elastic material to mimic the CPS-chamber and increase its power by adding more elastic pressure when filled with water. K-mods just need more layering since single balloon layers wouldn't do much to increase pressure.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:24 pm

I still have yet to test it, but all I could manage to get on there was about 9 balloons, considering I only had 1 bag of them. Hey, it only cost me $1 US, so what the heck. :)
Maybe I'll pick some more up next time I hit the Dollar Tree (Taxes are outrageous though...9%!)
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:43 pm

I was thinkining of adding a spring-type thing-a-ma-jig to the back end of the FF's casing. Would that ruin the gun, or would it help push more water out at a faster rate?

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:42 pm

You know, a box of bike innertubes would only be $2. The spring thing probably wouldn't work too well. It might help a little bit, but it would be much, much simpler to just collosus more.

The truth is that the 2005 soakers don't benefit much from collosussing them. The chamber is much too small to support a decent nozzle, and the extra rubber decreases the capacity a lot as well.
ownage

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:05 pm

I see...but oh well :) I have to test it out on something, don't I? And anyway, I'm fooling around with my FF, considering it broke the spring...

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:18 am

You can make the PC on the Flash Flood bigger, here is a link. That means the CPS bladder can expand more.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:32 pm

I've alreadt done that, thanks for the tip though :) My stupid trigger spring attachment thingy decided to break yesterday, same thing that happened APD (although at that time I didn't know I could fix it! DOH!) :p

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:58 pm

Update: I fixed the trigger and got a nice innertube today. I just need to CVF it and I'm done. On another note, my MD 6000 has a leak, because the stupid 60 second epoxy didn't set ( I let it sit for TWO days ). I covered it with contanct adhesive, and hopefully it will work. The stupid high pressure that comes from where the pressure gauge was is being taken care of as we speak...by my contact adhesive. A nice amount came in a $3 or $4 tube...

Update2: I pushed two layers if innertube on earlier today. Just got finished with another two about 5 minutes ago. Should I add one more layer and quit, or keep adding more after that? I still have to CVF it tomorrow. Hopefully I can ind something to reinforce the pump shaft with, otherwise I'm not even going to try to test it.
I've fixed the normal trigger with my own silent trigger mod, and also taken out some parts of it, and made a new trigger rod thing out of 17 gauge aluminum wire. Nice stuff, and doesn't rust. The trigger pull is very smooth, now all I need is to make a good casing for the FF...

My MD 6000 w/ 6-8 balloon (I forgot, lol) XPS mod should be leak free tomorrow. I'll have to find something to reinforce its shaft also. Hopefully I'll see one or two of my friends tomorrow, and can test it on them :soaked:

Edited By Magnor on 1125880226