Accessory Mods - Share your knowledge, or gain some...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:49 pm

I actually got an e-mail response from Blue Mage a while ago, half a week now. I'm only just now using that in this thread. He described in pretty good detail how he did each thing. The stock is kind of obvious, it's made from some pvc piping. The pump handle is from a bike, but he said it's actually made of foam, and tends to soak up water. He said be sure to use a rubber one if anyone else wants to try that, cuz it sucks for him. The other handle is made from some foam pipe insulation, covered with electrical tape. He said that part ended up being done with lots of small pieces of tape, because he was running out when he did it. He said it would prolly have been better to do one long piece of tape wrapped the whole way around. I'm thinking personally, that maybe loops of it would be better, starting at the bottom, so that the layers overlap each other, going from top (last applied) to bottom (first applied). I just say that because I have problems with bends in the tape, it makes small gaps on me, because the tape doesn't want to curve in the ways you want to make it go.

I asked him specifically about the paint job, because I was so impressed with it. Here's what he said about that: "The paint job was done with 5 colors of spraypaint (dark green, light green, tan, black, and brown), starting with darker colors and randomly sparaying the gun, trying to space out patches of the same color and give a nice uniform camouflage effect. For instance, if part of the gun had too much brown and not enough green, I would splotch some green around. It's really that simple."

He said the silencer is just for looks, made from pvc pipe covered in electrical tape. He didn't say anything about a scope, I think he never went through with that.

One other last thing he did to his XP 105, is what he called an XPS mod. It's actually a power mod, but it seems pretty rare to me, and much lesser known than the other mods. For the sake of enlightening everyone, I will decribe it here, but if anyone wants to discuss it at all, please take it to another thread, or start a new one for it. It involves putting balloons into a normal separate firing chamber, (wouldn't work too well with a pressurized resevoir system), basically turning an air pressure system into a makeshift CPS system.

Like I said already, please stifle any discussion of the "XPS mod" in this thread, and place it somewhere else.

Edited By LtDan64 on 1114375912
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:32 pm

The XPS mod is an extremely common modification and an overrated one at best. I wouldn't recommend it.

You can buy the same stuff used on bike handles and use it on your water guns if you want an alternative handle. :cool:

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:28 am

LtDan64 wrote:I looked back at the Your Armory thread, and I rediscovered Blue Mage's obscenely cool, over-the-top modified XP105. You should take a look, it's on pg. 2 of that thread. I emailed him with a couple questions about just this gun, I'm eager to hear back from him. His mods include: a stock, excellent camo paint job, rubber grips, a silencer, and he said at the time that he might add a scope too. I think I forgot to ask him if the silencer actually worked, or if it was just for looks. (it does look damn cool) btw, yes, I would consider different types of camoflauge color schemes to be accessory mods.
Anyone here ever play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?? That'll give you some ideas for camo patterns by environment...
:surprise:
btw, when you say a scope, you mean one that doesn't magnify, right? Explain what it will be some more.
um, yeah.. the only promblem with that gun is it leaks. like a seive. oh and to answer your question the silencer is pretty much just for looks. it might help but it's just there to make the gun look cool. the stock is (was) pretty helpful, but i had to use the PVC fittings for my homemade. i think the camo paintjob came out nicely though. BTW i emailed you back.
-The Wizard of Water