sniper mod

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:27 pm

It might work on a WBL if there's a lot of people in a fight.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 am

problem is, WBL's aren't very accurate so a scope/binocs wouldn't serve much of a purpose. As for such things on soakers, I've never done it so I couldn't say.

CPS

Post by CPS » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:20 am

its not like your supposed to fold out both sides, it is just like a scope exept it is cheaper

Edited By CPS on 1089800459
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:20 am

If you need a scope to see someone who is only like 30-40 ft away, than you might as well invest in a pair of glasses.

Okay, that was a joke.
I would rather have a cross hair than a scope on my soaker.

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:51 pm

I have one of those binocs also. I think I might try put one on after. :D

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:13 pm

i don't think those binoculars would be useful on your gun. mabye different ones to use to find your targets and observe them. then when they get almost in range, put down the binoculars and grab your gun with crosshairs/scope attached and soak him to his underwear! but on another note where can i get a scope? the only ones i can find are the ones people use with telescopes.

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:04 pm

I did what Exodus was going to do. I atatched binocs to my CPS 2100. My binocs were night vision ones with a torch as well, they work really well.:;):
I am one with the water

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:46 am

Peeko wrote:My binocs were night vision ones with a torch as well, they work really well.:;):
Uh, why would you use night vision binoculars with a torch when the purpose of night vision binoculars is so that the need for a torch is eliminated? Night vision binoculars amplify light, so there is no need for a torch which would give away your position in a night fight. ???

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:29 am

You can't actually see that well at night without the torch. The torch makes it clearer. Plus you can turn the torch on and still see without looking through the binoculars.???
I am one with the water

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:43 pm

You seem to be missing the point. Night vision binoculars ampify light, so the picture you see through them is bright enough without a torch. Using a torch with night vision binoculars would be rediculous because it would just give away your position. What you're probably talking about is some cheap toy "night vision binoculars" that rely on a torch for you to see. When I first heard that toy companies were selling stuff like that, I laughed, because the reason that night vivion binoculars were invented is so that you don't need a torch to see at night. Having a torch built into them would defeat the purpose of having them at all.

Edited By Falcon on 1092523505

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:44 pm

Falcon wrote:You seem to be missing the point. Night vision binoculars ampify light, so the picture you see through them is bright enough without a torch. Using a torch with night vision binoculars would be rediculous because it would just give away your position. What you're probably talking about is some cheap toy "night vision binoculars" that rely on a torch for you to see. When I first heard that toy companies were selling stuff like that, I laughed, because the reason that night vivion binoculars were invented is so that you don't need a torch to see at night. Having a torch built into them would defeat the purpose of having them at all.

I agree with Falcon, a torch defeats the purpose of having night vision binoculars in the first place. You might as well carry a little torch with you, it would be less bulky, and would give away your position just as much.

Also, when you use this ??? smiley, make sure you leave a space, or it comes out as this:???

Edited By Exodus on 1092530719