Where to Host a Water War Guide (Input Wanted)

Recommended places across the globe to hold a water war / water fight.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Where to Host a Water War Guide (Input Wanted)

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:29 am

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/2015/10/ ... water-war/

Input is greatly appreciated. Let's make this the definitive guide for future events. This is very much in the beginning phase. I want to put some pictures up, possibly maps, and definitely more details.

Thanks!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Re: Where to Host a Water War Guide (Input Wanted)

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:36 pm

This is a great idea. You've got the essentials down. Definitely makes it clear why finding a good venue can be hard.

The point about water sources is good. Not something I had thought much about, as I've only run Nerf wars in the past.

I'll think about this and post if I have any other ideas.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Where to Host a Water War Guide (Input Wanted)

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:11 am

This might kind of go under #5, but you need plenty of cover and places to hide. Water warfare doesn't work well as a pure shooting game, and you need a location that will support good-quality fighting. Cedar Hill was one of my favorites due to the mix of open and thick areas, as well as interesting features like the buildings and the pond. St. John's Woods was excellent as well. The worst places are the wide-open ones like, well pretty much any forest area in the winter.

Don't forget that it depends on the type of war as well. A big event with people coming from all over should be in some big easy-to-find park, while a localized competitive war can be pretty much anywhere as long as it's good for fighting and isn't too dangerous, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.