A Battlefield of Our Own

Recommended places across the globe to hold a water war / water fight.
DX

A Battlefield of Our Own

Post by DX » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:47 pm

If you're willing to dream just a bit bigger

That's nearly 20 acres in SE NY state for just $25,000, not totally in the middle of nowhere, about 2 hours from NYC. Imagine owning our own place to fight! This one is wooded, with a nice stream running down the center. A few brave individuals could realistically buy this as a group and split the mortgage or take out personal loans. 3 people drops the price to $8,334 per person, 5 people drops it to $5,000. That sounds like a lot, but to anyone who has ever carried student loans, that amount really is nothing. With my meager income, but high credit score, I could still easily manage an $8,334 loan. However, when you factor in property taxes and other ongoing expenses associated with land ownership, such a purchase may be out of our current reach.

It's still something awesome to think about.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: A Battlefield of Our Own

Post by HBWW » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I'd definitely like to look into making home at a place like this in the future. It's been done before; one of the places I've been to for airsoft in MI has a house right on the property.

Opening the place to paintball players would definitely help ensure some income, although that's a LOT to setup. Would need a full time attorney and other staff to help with something like that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Wow that looks like a sweet battlefield. Wish it was closer to me lol.
"The world is yours" - Nas

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm

If I had $8,000, I might be willing. But I don't. That would be incredibly cool though. If someone did this, I would definitely recommend hosting airsoft and/or paintball in addition to water warfare. Maybe even nerf wars as well.

If the place became popular enough, it might create a demand for good water guns as well.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:29 am

Reminds me a bit of my uncles farm, if people are able to stay for more then just a weekend we really should go up there as part of Soakemore.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Looks pretty cool, and the price is even better. Unfortunately, there are very few members on this board who are out of school and have a steady job with a good salary. If the seller would take $2,000 for an acre or something similar this would be somewhat feasible, but there's no way that's happening.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 am

$25k is a lot to stomach now, but looking in to possible paintball fields opening their doors to water warfare is not entirely out of the question. Summer is usually ridiculously hot, and not a lot of people want to wear full gear to arenas to play, so a paintball place might be willing to make water warfare days like they do with airsoft already. A place near my house back home had airsoft once a month, so maybe a smaller place would be willing to work with us if we could ensure that people would be willling to show. And hey, we water their grounds for them!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 04, 2014 4:04 pm

True, water warfare has virtually no inherit safety concern in comparison, so as long as the playing area is safely isolated, it should work. As ridiculous as it sounds, those venues may still require eye protection however, as absurd complexities of liability concerns may not permit otherwise. I shouldn't have to comment on how much of the experience is lost if we have to wear eye protection.

There are a number of possible places, I guess. We'll just have to wait until the time comes to actively search for potential properties to acquire, although this one may still be there by that time. If we can get electricity, a water source (or use the electricity to pump/filter the stream), and perhaps some sort of communications coverage (Google Fiber, I'm looking at you lolololol), it'd be very well good to go, but it's probably prohibitively expensive to get that basic infrastructure setup, which could be why the property is going for cheap.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:30 am

*Bump*

This is a really cool site where you can find land for sale all over the world. Some really cheap stuff out there. If nothing else, it's fun to look at.

http://www.landwatch.com/
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.